• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

room service

taking something to the theater for a snack is a good idea.
I can't believe there is no free popcorn--but I guess there would be a huge mess

About the coffee...is it the same Nescafe swill they serve at WDW :scared1: ?? Please say it isn't so....coffee first thing in the morning is a must for me!!! ;)

My wife and I get a cheese platter and a bottle of wine every afternoon and enjoy it on the verandah. She mentioned once that we would like more of the smoked gouda and less of one of the other cheeses, and after the first time, every cheese platter was modified to accomodate what we liked without further mention. My wife just kept saying "I love Disney".

Before leaving on the Disney Wonder, I read a lot of raves about how good the "All Hands On Deck" cheese platter is. I was disappointed when I ordered it - there was only 6 thin slices of cheese (3 Swiss and 3 of that moldie-looking cheese that I don't know the name of) and 12 Ritz or Waverly crackers. I later learned to request "cheddar cheese" on my "All Hands On Deck" platter.

The large chocolate chip cookie was good and I like the pizza, although no one else in my group of 25 did.

Popcorn was okay but I like lots of butter on my popcorn. Disney's popcorn had little or no butter on it - at least not any real butter.

My daughter and son-in-law ordered breakfast via room service for the first morning. Right after it arrived, they got dressed and headed for breakfast at Beach Blanket Buffet. (We all deiced to eat at the sit-down-and-be-served breakfast at Triton's the rest of the cruise.)

The fruit from Room Service and any place else was fresh and good.

We loved the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. You get the Smucker's Uncrustables and my boys LOVED those. They were always a great late night snack for us. I didn't see this on the new room service menu so I have my fingers crossed that they will still be availible for my Novemer cruise. :thumbsup2

I ordered an awesome wrap sandwich that was cut into 4 slices. It was delicious and I can't even remember what was in it. avocado, maybe? (anyone else out there have this...help, please!!) We ordered a bunch of sandwiches, along with the chocolate chip cookies, the night before St. Maarten and I packed them in ziploc sandwich bags which I had brought onboard with us (thanks DIS!), packed them in our DCL softpack cooler which we bought onboard that came with a 6pack of water and we had an instant picnic!
I don't think they advertise that enough. 6 bottles of water in an oversized soft-sided DCL cooler for $15. I thought that was the best souvenir bargain on board!

Agreed: the BLT sandwiches were great, too!

NCardella said:
6 bottles of water in an oversized soft-sided DCL cooler for $15. I thought that was the best souvenir bargain on board!

Good tip. We wil have to try it.

Woody

MikeS. said:
Is all the food, including room service, included in the cruise price?

From what I understand, yes. Maybe with the exception of bottled h2o, and cans of soda from room service? You can order room service 24 hours a day, as many times as you want I guess (looking forward to our first cruise soon).

NCardella said:
I ordered an awesome wrap sandwich that was cut into 4 slices. It was delicious and I can't even remember what was in it. avocado, maybe? (anyone else out there have this...help, please!!) We ordered a bunch of sandwiches, along with the chocolate chip cookies, the night before St. Maarten and I packed them in ziploc sandwich bags which I had brought onboard with us (thanks DIS!), packed them in our DCL softpack cooler which we bought onboard that came with a 6pack of water and we had an instant picnic!
I don't think they advertise that enough. 6 bottles of water in an oversized soft-sided DCL cooler for $15. I thought that was the best souvenir bargain on board!

Agreed: the BLT sandwiches were great, too!

This is a great idea about the cooler. How did you keep the water ice cold though, did you put ice in bags too? Where did you buy the cooler on board?

Jillpie...
We did not pack any ice in the cooler. we just settled for room temp water. But the ice in baggies would have been a good idea, considering I brought a whole box onboard with me!
Thought you'd be interested in a pic of the cooler. Notice it's oversized. It fit all of the 6 Evian bottles and our sandwiches and snacks, no problem. We got it as we disembarked the ship, there was a CM selling water, coolers, and bottle straps (you know, the lanyard-type things that go over the mouth of the bottle so you can wear it like a necklace...I don't know what else to call them!)
cooler1.jpg

the blue cooler bags are 20.00 & change, we just got it at CC. 6 sodas or water or mix. I ask them to put ice in bag & it keep items cold for aleast five hours

Wow, they must have gone up in price already! We paid $15 for the cooler and 6 evians on the 3/18/06 magic.

NCardella, thanks for that picture! Looks nice.

NCardella: The pic is fine. Thanks for posting.

I think the Room Service folks are like "Stealth Wait Staff". Everyone always talks about their dining room wait staff, but I think the room service folks are right up there, too. I have noticed the same room service folks delivering breakfast and goodies later in the day, every day. (I was bad about getting their names, because DH slept in and it was dark in there.)

We loved the All Hands on Deck (pizza for the kids-"better than Pinnochio's"), and they would alter anything for you, want more? Just ask. Want nuts or fruit on it (fruit plate, not the pizza)? Just ask. If you tip about a buck per person for breakfast and whatever else, it gets faster and more personalized. Seems like these same folks are even the servers for the "sit down" dinner in Topsiders. They have even covered trays and brought them down from Topsiders for us, when g'ma and the kids stayed in for dinner while the adults "went out". I have often wondered if these guys are bucking for a promotion to the dining room, since they try so hard to please.

Carla

Just curious, where exactly is the switchboard for room service, is it right in the kitchen? Is the order sent by computer to the kitchen?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter