• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Service Tips

mkbroas

Delightfully Deranged by Disney
Hello. I was trying to figure out how much cash to bring on the cruise for tips for bartenders and room service. Bartender tips is not to hard to figure out as you know the drink prices, but can you give me an idea of what you tip for room service? Without prices it is difficult to determine what is appropriate.

Any insight would be very appreciated.

Hello. I was trying to figure out how much cash to bring on the cruise for tips for bartenders and room service. Bartender tips is not to hard to figure out as you know the drink prices, but can you give me an idea of what you tip for room service? Without prices it is difficult to determine what is appropriate.

Any insight would be very appreciated.
Generally, for room service, most people tip $1 an item, up to $5 for a meal. More or less, depends on what you think it's worth to have the food delivered to your room.

One other note, you don't need tips for the bartenders - there's an automatic 15% gratuity added to all beverage purchases.

Thank you, that is great information to have. I appreciate it.

I agree with Schmoo. $1 per item. Minimum tip I give is $3 (unless they forget basic stuff, like NAPKINS!). Max tip we give is $10.

I order my coffee pot each night before going to bed so I can enjoy it in the morning! I give $2 wrapped around candy bar (usually Payday or Million dollar bar) - which is usually received with an extra smile!

I find myself tipping about $3 to $5 per order if I get things that come with a cost like pre packaged snacks etc I tip 20% of my total cost.

I estimate how much the food would cost in a restaurant and tip 20% of what that would be. I add a dollar or two if they deliver really fast - which they have on the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter