Room service...snack charge??

tink5697

Mouseketeer
Just got our docs today and in the book it states that for Beverages and *Snacks* there is an additional charge?
I knew about the drinks but do they consider snacks? What do they charge?
TIA for any input! :)

I was not charged for any snacks that I had delivered to my room. I did give them a few bucks tip. My "snacks" consisted of....
Mickey Bars
cookies and milk
pb&j sandwiches
cheese tray
fruit platter
plate of pineapple
pizza
coffee
crackers
carrot sticks
There is a menu in your room, but you can ask for just about anything and they'll bring it to you! It's Disney! I found that I didn't need a wide range of snacks in the room because there is so much on the boat and I was hardly ever in my cabin. I ordered snacks when we were getting ready for dinner and the night prior to Grand Cayman so that we could take food with us off the boat. Oh, and of course a good night treat!

I think (and anyone feel free to correct me) that when they are referring to snacks, they mean the 'junk food' that you can purchase just outside of the theatre.

I haven't purchased any of these snacks, as we had the early show and I didn't want to fill up before dinner (although, even if we had the early dinner, I would have been too full anyways), but I remember that they charged for them (not sure how much).

Hope that helps
Katdb

for Beverages and *Snacks* there is an additional charge
For soda except in a "sit down" restaurant (excludes topsiders) and alcholic beverages and smoothies there is a charge. Snacks at Preludes (outside of the Walt Disney Theater) have a charge. These include candy and popcorn. Have heard that sometimes they are selling this stuff out side of the buena vista theater too.

The best snacks are free. Up on deck 9 there is Scoops (ice cream, fruit, chocolate chip cookies), Plutos (hot dog, burgers, fries, chicken fingers, brat's etc) and Pinnoccios (pizza). Then there is the room service menu (just tip the waiters who bring you your food).

On the cruse I generally eat breakfast and dinner - skipping lunch and have never ordered anything from room service and very infrequently hit the deck 9 snacks because I'm pretty full from just those two meals.

If you need chips, stop by Plutos and pick up a couple of bags of chips to keep in your room, they are only out sometimes...

Also, careful of the candy and popcorn selections outside the theaters...very tempting...need free candy? - stop up at scoops and ask for a bowl of toppings - they have m&ms and several other candy toppings - and free too!

Barb

Great information! Does it take long to get room service snacks? Would it be quicker to just go up and get them depending on the time?

There are many items on the room service menu that are not available elsewhere on the ship so depending upon what you want, you'll have to wait.

Trust me, I snack at work all of the time. Hardly every needed to eat anything outside of meal times. You'll be fine. I believe the room service is pretty effecient, but I don't now how fast is fast enough, nor how long most items take to be delivered.

everytime we ordered room service it was in our room in 20 mins. to us thats pretty darn fast. we love it.::yes

I agree with tigger53, VERY fast room service - even when they said 30 minutes when we ordered, it was there in 15...really awesome
Barb

We ordered several sandwiches and a cheese tray to put in our cooler for our shore excursion in Grand Cayman. I noticed at the end of the week we had a charge for $5 from room service. I assumed it was for a tip - no big deal - the food was wonderful and the service was great but I was somewhat surprised by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter