• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Service Gratuities....

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
How do you tip them? Using your KTTW card or US Cash?? What about bartenders / waiters that are poolside with those awesome little trays of drinks??

We tip room service in cash. Sometimes they bring a slip for you to sign (where you can charge a tip) and sometimes they don't. So we just use cash and then it doesn't matter if there is a slip or not.

As far as the bar servers, they always have a little slip for you to sign and 15% is automatically added to your tab. If we want to add additional tip to that, there is a line on the bill to add it and then total the tab.

we always bring a few $2 bills for the room service, they do not take up much room.

For room service, I brought a stack of $1 bills and kept them in the room so we could tip them in cash.

For other services on the ship, we charged tips to our room account since we didn't want to carry money around with us all the time.

I put the room tip (hostess, head server, server, asst. server) on the KTTW card. You can do this at guest services 2nd day and after. I did it one night when no one was around and picked up my little vouchers. The last day the hostess dropped off the envelopes, you put the vouchers in the correct envelope and pass them out on the last night, easy. Room server is cash only at delivery though (did not use room service).

For room service just ask... we got coffee and tea one morning and I asked the room service member if he would rather have cash or it on the credit slip and he told me he personally would rather have the cash. I'm sure they are each different in what they would prefer.

We didn't carry cash with us around the ship so others got the credit from the KTTW card. Except for the one night we did the mojito and margarita tasting (be careful with drink #2 if u go :upsidedow) and when we were done I slipped off to the room really fast while my husband stayed behind to grab some cash because they do not give you a slip to tip with because its already paid for when you sign up.

We always bring along a bunch of $1.00 bills. But we also bring the See's Candy lolipops. On our panama cruise we did get room service alot and I think the CM were more excited about the candy then the money. I think word spread that our cabin had candy cause delivery seem really quick after a while.:goodvibes Of course we gave them both. :thumbsup2

$1 bills. If you ask, most will tell you they don't care, but remember, cash is not tracked, so it's theirs completely. :goodvibes

- Dreams

We always bring along a bunch of $1.00 bills. But we also bring the See's Candy lolipops. On our panama cruise we did get room service alot and I think the CM were more excited about the candy then the money. I think word spread that our cabin had candy cause delivery seem really quick after a while.:goodvibes Of course we gave them both. :thumbsup2

We do this too! They love it:banana: In fact tonight I made up our baggies of candy and $2 for our cruise in 2 weeks:cool1:

My husband made fun of me for giving out miniature candy bars with the $ for the room service tip! But, I did it anyway and the widening of the smiles was proof to me that it was well appreciated! Just one of the many tips that I learned here on the DISboards.

We didn't order room service on the Dream recently mainly because, we literally saw trays sitting in the hall ways fro over 24 hours- never picked up until the end of the cruise! Our room host told us that the kitchen has to do an inventory of plates, cups, etc., so that is why they don't pick them up in a timely manner. We thought this was very poor for Disney! The hallway looked terrible- especially when people bumped into the trays and food went flying everywhere!

As far as the bar servers, they always have a little slip for you to sign and 15% is automatically added to your tab. If we want to add additional tip to that, there is a line on the bill to add it and then total the tab.

ummm.....I didn't know the bar bill included a 15% tip. OOPS!! That means I left some really good tips last cruise. No wonder why I was getting excellent service!!!

I live in Hershey, so I am planning on giving a $2 bill wrapped around a full-size Hershey candy bar. I will have them already wrapped and ready to go. For some reason people get very excited about a $2 bill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter