Room service for breakfast on fantasy

cruisingmom1977

Mouseketeer
We cruised on the Fantasy last year but never used room service. I tend to get up earlier than my husband and kids and like to have coffee when I get up but hate the idea of having to shower and dress so I can go up to deck 12 to get it. My question is...If I order a continental breakfast of coffee and muffins from room service will they leave it outside my door or will they knock? My husband might freak out on me if room service wakes him up every morning...LOL (not to mention that if it wakes my kids up I'll lose that hour I get all to myself before anyone else wakes up...)

The delivery person will expect a tip. Not sure how you could manage that if they don't knock.

If it's just coffee you're after you could order it the night before. The container they deliver it in often stays warm until morning.

If you don't want them to knock I would order everything the night before bed. The carafes they use keep the coffee hot till morning. While your at it get some milk and cookies or a mickey bar for a bedtime snack.

:coffee: As previous posts have said...order a carafe of coffee the night before going to bed. This was one of many things I learned on these Boards and it is probably my favorite. I too am an early riser and want that cup of coffee right away. The carafe does indeed keep the coffee warm and ready for consumption at your leisure without waking everyone else. You can put the little pitcher of cream in your mini frig and it's all right there for you when you open your peepers.

I was in the same situation and wanted them to leave the coffee outside our door in the mornings. They wouldn't do it. They had to knock and deliver it inside the room.

Can you not wait outside the door for them and meet them in the hall? They may want to bring the tray in themselves but that would keep them from knocking. Just a thought.

We often order room service in the evening after our youngest is asleep. One of us just waits in the hall for it to arrive to minimize disruption.

Thanks for all of the advice. I think I will try ordering the coffee at night and drinking it in the morning. I love thge idea of sitting on the verandah with a cup of coffee while everyone else is asleep. An hour all by myself with coffee is my idea of a vacation. LOL This might sound like a stupid question but how much do people normally tip room service?

Thanks for all of the advice. I think I will try ordering the coffee at night and drinking it in the morning. I love thge idea of sitting on the verandah with a cup of coffee while everyone else is asleep. An hour all by myself with coffee is my idea of a vacation. LOL This might sound like a stupid question but how much do people normally tip room service?

Me too!! We had a porthole on our last cruise. I really missed sitting on that verandah in the morning while the kids slept.

We tried something different on our most recent trip based on another cruiser's advice. The coffee onboard is not the greatest. We brought our own French press and coffee. Room service will deliver hot water, or you can run up to the drink station.

Jodie

Not sure about the Fantasy but on the Magic they also ring just as they are leaving the kitchen to say it is on the way.

Lorraine

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Early coffee room service/breakfast is my favorite. I fill out my door hanger the night before and have it delivered between a certain time. I tell the wife to pull the covers over her head while they bring it in. Then I go out on the veranda!!! can't wait till June. They will knock

I throw on shorts and a t-shirt, put my hair in a ponytail and slip out quietly. Sometimes I grab stuff and bring it back to the room, sometimes I sit on the deck watching the sea at Cabana's and enjoy the peace and quiet...until my husband texts me that the kids are awake!

Not sure about the Fantasy but on the Magic they also ring just as they are leaving the kitchen to say it is on the way.

Lorraine

30 nights and they have never called the room once?

Just off the Magic last week.

We cruised on the Fantasy last year but never used room service. I tend to get up earlier than my husband and kids and like to have coffee when I get up but hate the idea of having to shower and dress so I can go up to deck 12 to get it. My question is...If I order a continental breakfast of coffee and muffins from room service will they leave it outside my door or will they knock? My husband might freak out on me if room service wakes him up every morning...LOL (not to mention that if it wakes my kids up I'll lose that hour I get all to myself before anyone else wakes up...)

I just wanted to say to not worry about having to shower and dress to go up to deck 12 to get anything. I always went up in my jammies and a robe! I saw other people in the same attire and no one ever batted an eye at me. Although I did go up as soon as it opened. I also walked out on deck 4 once to see the sunrise (we had inside stateroom) and was quite shocked to see many others were out there in pajamas and robes.

They called us to say it was on the way...every morning! Card was left on our door the night before.

Yes they definitely called us - we were concierge - not sure if this would have made a difference?

Lorraine

We order coffee the night before by placing the order card out the door.
We use the "phone call" when it is on it 's way as our alarm clock!
LOL:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter