Room requests

Kaye

Mouseketeer
I know this has been discussed, but I need a refresher.

I've made general room requests and sometimes received what I requested, sometimes not. We are staying at the Polynesian 3-21 to 3-27. I know it will be busy, so I'm not optimistic about requests being met, but I would like to request a building. We've usually stay in Hawaii which has a great locale. We want to still be relatively close to the GCH and on the side of the TTC.

What's the best way to go about requesting what I want? Thanks for your help!

Hi there,

Dont mean to disrupt your thread:flower3: , but maybe this info will help you too?

We made a request for a specific savannah at the AKL for our 2/1 trip. We made the request with WDW when we called to book our trip (booked it in 9/07).

I know requests are just "requests" and not set in stone, but is it worth it to call WDW before our trip and re-confirm the request or is that pointless? If worth it, how far in advance would you call?

We are just concerned about the AKL construction and would also like to be in an area where we can see the zebras.

The best way to request this would be to call CRO and have "close to the GCH and on the side of the TTC" added to your reservation. No need to make it more complex than that.

Thanks. Will do. I just know that some people do something a few days out--didn't want to be difficult, just thought there might be a better way than just mentioning it to CRO.:thumbsup2

I'll let you know Sunday, from the info on this thread, I saw Beach Club locale is better if you request closer to Epcot, lol, so I requested and fingers crossed. Although I am really hoping/wishing/praying for an upgrade to the concierge level, lol!

talk to the cast member checking you in. they have full power to change your room assignment if you ask them, and if there is a spot open.

I have both asked for a room change while at the counter, and even gone to the room first, then returned. The desk Cm was very accomadating each time.

When we made a specific request for our honeymoon, I made sure to rank order each request on our initial reservations. I then called back the week before we left to check and more sure our requests were still attached to our reservation. Upon check in, I asked the CM if our requests were able to be filled.

I was glad I double checked before we left because, although our requests were still listed, the 'honeymooners' information had fallen off into the Disney abyss.

Best of luck!

I've learned that "requests" on reservations are almost pointless to us. In January of last year I made two notations on my reservation, close to main building, 3rd floor and adjoining rooms with reservation #. The other reservation had a notation of king bed and adjoining rooms with reservation #. We figured this way we atleast get one request... big mistake :sad2:

We ended up ground floor, building 2 (50s section, 2nd farthest building from main building) dbl to dbl, but at least we got adjoining rooms.

It was a let down to say the least, I think mainly because I "over hyped" myself about the amount of success people on the Dis have with requests and sometimes even upgrades. Can't fault anyone but myself for that one.

For our Sept trip I went back to my "old ways" of requesting things at check-in. I've had success with this on several past trips.

We were staying at ASmu and at check-in I asked (nicely and casually) if they had any 3rd floor rooms available. We were already book preferred. Sure enough we ended up with a great room location on the third floor and the room was actually ready at 11am when we checked in.

Past success included top floor rooms in Jamiaca and Aruba at CBR after requesting at check-in and being moved from the mansions to alligator bayou (sp?) at POR when asking.

Either way, I guess my point is to not always rely on your requests noted on your reservation. There's absolutely no harm in doing that but be sure to mention your requests at check-in and even ask what your options are if they can't meet every little request.

I'll mention it at check-in. We should (hopefully) get what we ask since there are a number of building that will work and that is our only request. If it doesn't happen, so be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter