Room requests on property?

Twilight Terror

DIS Veteran
Hello, I just had a quick question. We have a multiple split stay on points coming up, including an additional room booking on my points for a friend who is coming to join us for a long weekend. I made a room request on our first booking and my friend's booking when I made the initial reservations and will call MS a few days before we leave to confirm the first one. However, I wondered if I was able to check the room request on my friend's booking (she arrives about a week after us) and other stays at reception once we arrive? Or do I have to call MS everytime, even though I am physically on property? Thanks!

My experience is that once you are onsite, if your name is not on a room then they won't do much with you. They might take a look and confirm if they see a request though but just be aware that perhaps they won't.

My experience is that once you are onsite, if your name is not on a room then they won't do much with you. They might take a look and confirm if they see a request though but just be aware that perhaps they won't.

Thanks for a response. So even though it's my points reservation, I made the reservation, and I have total control over the booking through Member Services, I can't do anything at check-in to check? We are staying at SSR. Can I go up to the centre and have someone check that if they can't/won't do that from reception? Or is it a call to MS, even though I'm already staying at the appropriate hotel and on DVC property? You've gotta love business wisdom sometimes :rotfl:

I'd ask when you check in anyway - just tell them you made a points reservation for a friend (give them the name) who is checking in on (whenever). If they say can't tell you, you can always give MS a call to check on it. You control the reservation until the guests actually check in.

I'd ask when you check in anyway - just tell them you made a points reservation for a friend (give them the name) who is checking in on (whenever). If they say can't tell you, you can always give MS a call to check on it. You control the reservation until the guests actually check in.

Thanks for that. I have all the paperwork for the reservation and will take it with me with. I will give it a try. At least being on property I don't have to worry about staying up/waking up at crazy hours just to catch MS!

Make sure both your reservation and your friend's reservation have a "Travel with" notification placed on both the reservations of the other's reservation number. This way the room assigner CM will "see" if they can do anything to fulfill both requests at one the same time.

Make sure both your reservation and your friend's reservation have a "Travel with" notification placed on both the reservations of the other's reservation number. This way the room assigner CM will "see" if they can do anything to fulfill both requests at one the same time.

Not heard of that before. When I made her reservation I gave MS our reservation and asked to put a request on her reservation that her room be as close to ours as possible, so I don't know if that was done automatically. And will it matter that she is arriving 7 days later? The reservations are different lengths and dates. We are there for like 15days, whereas she is staying for four days, and on top of that we arrive one day, and she arrives about six days later, so would that still work? Thanks

Yes, the "Travel with" notice on the reservation lets the CM doing the room allocation know that there are multiple reservations involved and to check for the connection being requested.
I once had 3 reservations at SSR and placed the travel with notice on all three, we were all located in the same building and on the same floor, only because of the notice placed on the reservation. At least that what I was told, otherwise we would of been in different buildings.

Best to do it in advance. If you aren't traveling in the next couple of weeks, use the Contact Us option on the Members' Website. I've had very good luck using that and you can send it at your convenience. (Calling is usually NOT convenient for me, LOL). Of course, you'll need to provide all the relevant info in your message.

Best to do it in advance. If you aren't traveling in the next couple of weeks, use the Contact Us option on the Members' Website. I've had very good luck using that and you can send it at your convenience. (Calling is usually NOT convenient for me, LOL). Of course, you'll need to provide all the relevant info in your message.

I'm in Australia, so calling is NEVER convenient for us; the time difference just does not work with MS operating hours. However, we do travel in the next few weeks, so I guess it will be a crazy stay up late/wake up stupid o'clock and make a phone call time!

Use the contact form on the member website to modify and to make requests on reservations. I find that when MS is working from printed info, they make less mistakes and you get a confirmation back when it's done.

:earsboy: Bill

You can email them to have the travel with information placed on both reservations if that isn't what MS did in the first place. Then I don't think there will be any problems. Or use the Chat feature if you happen to be up when they are open.

Otherwise at the front desk I'm not certain how deep they would have to dig in to see who actually owns the contract that booked the points. When you've contacted MS you've done verifications and the have all your member info and know your allowed to change. The front desk deals with other things. But the travel with gives them an easy thing to check on and add as long as you have all the information for the other room.

Out of all things I'd think checking on requests is something the front desk is most likely to verify with someone not on a reservation and will if there's a traveling with.

Out of all things I'd think checking on requests is something the front desk is most likely to verify with someone not on a reservation and will if there's a traveling with.

Yeah, that makes sense! I haven't been sleeping well recently, so maybe its something I can do to elevate my insomnia!

I totally agree with the above posts - have MS put a "Travel With" number on both reservations. We always travel with my DDs in-laws who are also DVC members and make their own reservations and we always have MS assign a "Travel With" number for us. I usually arrive at least a day before them and have had no problems checking with the front desk about their room assignment compared to mine. Twice I have even been able to have them change the rooms because I did not like the location.

Yes, the "Travel with" notice on the reservation lets the CM doing the room allocation know that there are multiple reservations involved and to check for the connection being requested.
I once had 3 reservations at SSR and placed the travel with notice on all three, we were all located in the same building and on the same floor, only because of the notice placed on the reservation. At least that what I was told, otherwise we would of been in different buildings.
Just a warning the "travel with" does not always work. We put that on our reservations when we went with others. It was not DVC though, so maybe the resorts do something different than DVC. I also THOUGHT I had requested rooms together, but the front desk person said I did not. They told me that "travel with" does not say we wanted rooms together. According to them many people travel together and do not want rooms nearby. Anyway on the second day they were able to move us and get us together, but wanted to warn you just "travel with" is not necessarily requesting a room together for all room assigners. LOL

Just a warning the "travel with" does not always work. We put that on our reservations when we went with others. It was not DVC though, so maybe the resorts do something different than DVC. I also THOUGHT I had requested rooms together, but the front desk person said I did not. They told me that "travel with" does not say we wanted rooms together. According to them many people travel together and do not want rooms nearby. Anyway on the second day they were able to move us and get us together, but wanted to warn you just "travel with" is not necessarily requesting a room together for all room assigners. LOL
"Travel with" only connects the reservations. The CM room assigner must then look at the requests to "see" what they are requesting. This is NOT for the person doing the check-in, it is for the room assigner in the back room to flag these reservations as being connected. Additional requests must be entered for what is being wanted as to being close, being far away, in the same area, etc.

I understood that, but some of the posts on here IMO seemed to be saying just add "travel with" and you are good. Wanted to add my experience. Was not even complaining, just saying what happened. Sorry if I should have not commented.

Thanks everyone. I already made a 'room request' when I made my friend's reservation to be near us, so in theory that part is already sorted. I just need to check closer to her arrival time. I will try and make a 'travel with' request if I have time, because the time difference makes it quite a challenge! Otherwise I will just call when we reach the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter