Room requests - how to?

AmericangirlinFrance

DIS Veteran
This may be a dumb question, but I've never done it before...

I am about to book the Carribbean Beach Resort through AAA (we were staying at Pop, but I am getting a rate of $104/night for CBR!!!). I would like to be in the closest (non-preferred rate) building to Old Port Royale. I was thinking Aruba 51 or Jamaica 46? Anyone have other suggestions?

Anyway, since AAA is making the reservation (and not the Disney Travel people), how do I request being placed in these buildings? Do I call the resort directly or fax or what? I am totally clueless.

Thanks!!
Amanda

Personally, since you aren't booking it through Disney, I would make the request as simple as possible. I would just say "Close Old Port Royale". If you try to get too specific, it may get lost in translation between you to AAA to Disney. That way, when you arrive, they already know you want to be close to OPR, and you can be more specific about what's available at that tme.

I would tell your TA your requests and he/she will take care of it. I think it may be done at booking. I would also check with the TA a few days before actually trip.

Last I knew Disney no longer excepted fax requests.

I use a local travel agent and she puts on the ressie: request first choice Aruba 51, second choice Jamaica 45 and I usually get pretty close. I would ask AAA to put your request on the ressie somewhere and asking at check-in if they were able to meet your first or second choice that way if they don't have it, you can let the CM know, very nicely, what you are looking for.

how did you get a AAA rate so low?? we're going during the "value" season and the cheapest price we got for a moderate is $129.... :confused3

Because you booked through a TA, Disney will not allow you to make any changes to your reservation, including adding on requests. All that has to come through your TA. Just call AAA and have them add on your request for a specific building.

I would like to be in the closest (non-preferred rate) building to Old Port Royale. I was thinking Aruba 51 or Jamaica 46?

I highly recommend the Jamaica Buildings. My dh & I stayed there for our Honeymoon and when we got back in 12 days (YIPPY!!) we requested that a room in the Jamaica Buildings. We loved the walk every morning to Port Royale. I don't know where Aruba is compared but we just enjoyed that early morning walk/stroll.

A tidbit too, you will get all kinds of invoices w/ AAA. Your itinerary stuff-after you have called them and the request was noted, it will show up as a special request on all that paper.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tips everyone! I confirmed the flights today so I will call AAA tomorrow to book the room, and I'll ask them about the room requests. I don't really care that much, but it would be nice!

As for getting a rate that low... I have no idea how! I'm not questioning, just booking asap!! I guess the Disney Gods were smiling down on me! :goodvibes

a standard room at CBR during value season is 145/night. the AAA discount, if available, is 20%. that's 116/night.

so how it gets below that would be beyond me. then again, how AAA is booking vacations for someone in France is also beyond my understanding, so I'll let it be.

I did fax a room request to the room assigner at POR last month, and I got exactly the building and floor that I requested. This has worked for my last three visits. Maybe I'm just lucky. Anne

faxing is not discouraged or ignored except at DVC locations and perhaps WL.

but ultimately it depends on the room assignor who happens to get the fax what they choose to do with it. and unless the room is blocked for reasons that are most likely medical, it's subject to be re-assigned to anyone who checks in before you.

You have AAA in France??????:confused:

Anyhooooo I always book through AAA and I always Fax my requests in 3 days before ...AND ALWAYS get them.:thumbsup2

Here is a great link on what to do...

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/cro1.htm

Have Fun!:goodvibes

Thanks everyone... actually I am not in France anymore - I was when I joined this site though. I just don't know how to change it to my current location! Any how-tos for the technically challenged?

Thanks for the reservation tips! I don't know about the rate either (some posts before this one sounded a bit upset or questioning?), maybe it was a mistake I'm benefiting from or something.

This trip is for my college graduation... I am so excited!

I just don't know how to change it to my current location! Any how-tos for the technically challenged?
Click on the User CP tab towards the top of this page... click on edit profile (left hand side of the page).... scroll down to location and you can enter the new information. At least that's how I think it works.

This trip is for my college graduation... I am so excited!
Congrats and have a wonderful tim.

while I was sitting there and give our room request.

When we went to check in he didn't say anything about having it, he just showed me a map and said, "is there somewhere you wanted to stay?" I showed him the list (thanks UG and tikiman!) of the garden view rooms with a view of the castle. (He thought I was crazy.. but gave me one anyway..)

We could have had a different room right away (it was noon or so) or the room I wanted at 3pm. He was very nice.

I had no room request when we went to POFQ and he just assigned us something. But I'm sure if it isn't very busy at check-in you can just ask nicely when you are there.

Good luck! It ended up not mattering very much since we were never in the room anyhow!

Ok, changed my location, thanks again for all the tips everybody! I really don't care where our room is, we'll be in WDW and that's pretty much all that matters! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter