Room Requests for Standard View at AKL

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
After debating about 3 or 4 different resorts I have decided to stay at AKL on my first solo trip in January! The idea of inside corridors really made me feel safer (I have stayed in the values and moderates multiple times and have never felt unsafe but even though I am 30 my mom is having anxiety about me traveling alone and it made her feel better). An orbitz discount made it financially possible. I booked a standard room and my only request is I would like at least a partial view of the savannah if possible (I don't really care about closeness to lobby, food court, busses, etc...) I know I will need to call orbitz to get my request put on my reservation, but having never stayed there before I was wondering what would be the best wording for my request. Specific floor, building section, etc... Thanks so much! I am really looking forward to getting to stay at this amazing resort!

We booked a standard (but it was renting points through DVC). We didn't note any requests, so I guess we got lucky and were given one of those "reclassified" Savannah views. It was AMAZING. It was on the sunset Savannah and we saw so many animals! Maybe you can request to be "near" Sunset Savannah and hope for the luck of getting one of those rooms?

Looking at a map I think I may request a room on the kudu trail on an upper floor. The standard rooms here appear to be on the second floor and overlook the sunset savannah? Anyone have any experience with this?

We booked a standard (but it was renting points through DVC). We didn't note any requests, so I guess we got lucky and were given one of those "reclassified" Savannah views. It was AMAZING. It was on the sunset Savannah and we saw so many animals! Maybe you can request to be "near" Sunset Savannah and hope for the luck of getting one of those rooms?
I believe all DVC rooms are a form of savannah view. A standard view regular room are facing the front of the hotel and not towards the savannah. I will add that we have been upgraded to a savannah view room from our standard room both times we stayed at AKL, so there is a chance:)

We went in September and booked standard view - studio - through DVC (paid for points through a member). We asked for kudo trail and got a partial - yet VERY GOOD - view of the savannah. It was fabulous. My new favorite resort.

I keep it simple. When we book standard view at AKL we always request close to lobby and elevators and that puts you pretty center ally located to everything.

Looking at a map I think I may request a room on the kudu trail on an upper floor. The standard rooms here appear to be on the second floor and overlook the sunset savannah? Anyone have any experience with this?
We had standard view booked this past February and requested Kudu trail, it was a great location and wonderful view of the savannah. Fyi third floor is actually lobby level, if that makes a difference for you, thats what we were on and it was nice not to have too many trips up and down stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter