Room Requests for Online Check-In - How do I do this?

nafrpe

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else having problems figuring out how to enter room requests in online check in? I see the field for it but can't figure out how to actually enter anything.

Other than those few items listed, you cannot make requests at online check-in.

Requests are supposed to be attached to your reservation and made anytime from the time of booking until about five days before you arrive, since that is around the time information gets transferred to the resort.

You need to call CRO to make requests.

so how do you get your requests attached to the reservation? Calling? or do I need the Travel agent to do it? we just did our 10 day check in today!

If your travel agent made your reservations, you need to call the TA and have her/him have your request attached to your ressie. I would do it right away as rooms are generally assigned 4-5 days before your arrival (although they could change once you get there).

I thought there used to be a way to make requests on the online check-in. The one time I've done it I requested to be close to transportation and my request was honored without having to pay for a preferred room. Has this changed then? I better call and make my requests if that's the case!

I thought there used to be a way to make requests on the online check-in. The one time I've done it I requested to be close to transportation and my request was honored without having to pay for a preferred room. Has this changed then? I better call and make my requests if that's the case!

I believe you can ask to be on a ground floor and close to transportation but you cannot request a specific building, section, room, etc.

I believe you can ask to be on a ground floor and close to transportation but you cannot request a specific building, section, room, etc.

Oh, ok- maybe that's what I did last time. It wound up being a great location!

The options seem to vary depending on the resort. I've stayed in five different resorts since online check in started, and I've never had the same options twice under room requests. Some of them only have things like pack n play - physical items you might want to request. Some have ground floor or close transportation. But it's never been the same combination.

Actually you can request a specific building or section. At POR, I request mansion section, Oak Manor.

You cannot specify a specific room.

Actually you can request a specific building or section. At POR, I request mansion section, Oak Manor.

When I did online check in 2 days ago for AKL villas, Jambo, my only available option was close to transportation. So I think what is available depends very much on where you are staying and what category you booked. Last year at the Poly it seems there was just a blank space to type in your request, but I may not be remembering correctly about that, but I've no doubt about 2 days ago:rotfl:

When I did online check in 2 days ago for AKL villas, Jambo, my only available option was close to transportation. So I think what is available depends very much on where you are staying and what category you booked. Last year at the Poly it seems there was just a blank space to type in your request, but I may not be remembering correctly about that, but I've no doubt about 2 days ago:rotfl:

Not correct. Online check-in has a very limited amount of choices, no matter where you are staying and what level. It is close to transportation, close to bus stop, fridge or pack 'n play. It is the same, no matter where you stay.

Last year, there was no place to type in your request.

In order to get any or all of your requests, you need to CRO and add them to your reservation.

That's what I remembered about online check-in in May as well...doubting my memory now!

When I did online check in for our September trip, there was no where to request a building or section. :confused3:confused3

Not correct. Online check-in has a very limited amount of choices, no matter where you are staying and what level. It is close to transportation, close to bus stop, fridge or pack 'n play. It is the same, no matter where you stay.

Last year, there was no place to type in your request.

In order to get any or all of your requests, you need to CRO and add them to your reservation.
:confused3

I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude with your "not correct" comment on my entire post, but I found it to be unnecessarily dismissive. Perhaps you misunderstood or misread my post -
I was reporting what the choice was @ AKL on 11/20/10, for my online check in experience. What part of this do you find to be incorrect? Are you suggesting that I did not do online check in 3 days ago, or that I lied about what my choices where?
I suggested that other resorts/room categories might have different online choices. I clearly indicated that this was conjecture, not fact - what part of this was incorrect?
To expand, for example, a value might ask if you wanted a refrigerator but not a villa, because I don't think values come with a refrigerator, whereas other categories do. We have no children on our reservation, so maybe that's why the pack 'n play option was not there when I checked in online 3 days ago. I wasn't offered a 'close to a bus stop' option, maybe because there's only one @ Jambo, perhaps moderates like POR or CBR which have several stops might offer that option.
I referred to my recollection of last year @ the Poly w/ online check in but clearly indicated that I could be recalling incorrectly. So if this was the part you intended to identify as being incorrect, I would not disagree, and assuming that you also did on line check in @ Poly 11/19/09, defer to your superior memory.
I believed the OP was asking for the experiences of people who are doing online check in now, after the most recent round of upgrades, and so responded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter