Room Request?

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
Okay....I'm still a newbie here. How do I put in a room request exactly? Just go to the chat feature and tell them I want to add a request to my reservation? Or is that not right?

We're staying in a Boulder Ridge studio in January. Not sure what exactly I want as a request though! Lake view? Do I want to request a "quiet area" or is that not a thing?

Help a clueless lady out, please. Thanks!

I'm thinking I should request a lower floor because in the past, there have been times our son is terrified by elevators so we take the stairs. Plus, we want to make sure we get a murphy and not a sofa bed.

You can do request by chat or email them. Ground floor, upper floor, near pool, near transportation, etc

Chat, email, or call MS.
& when you do online check in do NOT make any requests because if you do that it will trump the requests you made via chatting, emailing or calling :).

Last edited:
How do I put in a room request exactly? Just go to the chat feature and tell them I want to add a request to my reservation?
Yes, exactly. Give them the confirmation number and then “request low floor.” They’ll tell you it’s noted but not guaranteed. There’s a mechanism to save or print a transcript, which I do in case I can’t remember whether I submitted my request or not! If Chat isn’t available, click on Contact Us and send an email.

Last time I stayed on-property, I didn't do online check-in. And then at check-in, in person, I just asked for a quiet area/low floor. This was at the Grand Cal, we were staying in a regular room on a friends/family discount so I didn't know how to add requests. I assume doing online check-in is probably our best option now with DVC, right? Do I need to call ahead of time to tell them my requests? Or is doing it in the chat months in advance all I have to do?

Last time I stayed on-property, I didn't do online check-in. And then at check-in, in person, I just asked for a quiet area/low floor. This was at the Grand Cal, we were staying in a regular room on a friends/family discount so I didn't know how to add requests. I assume doing online check-in is probably our best option now with DVC, right? Do I need to call ahead of time to tell them my requests? Or is doing it in the chat months in advance all I have to do?
Just do the chat now to submit requests, and when you do online checkin be sure to leave that section blank (otherwise you’ll override whatever you submitted via chat).

Hoping to put in a request for a Paddock at SSR. Does anyone know if these are difficult to get?
Assuming you have a standard view booked, 5 of the 11 standard view buildings are in Paddock. So you've got at least 45% chance. Probably much higher since I doubt a high percentage of guests specifically request Paddock. Anecdotally, when people request rooms at SSR, I think more ask for Grandstand since it's the first bus stop and closest Standard View to the Carriage House.

(I say this as someone who has always gotten a room in Paddock when requested.)

Just be aware that DVC is a little different than the hotels and operates at high occupancy rates - and a lot of people make the same requests. So requests are noted, but not guaranteed.

(We don't bother with requests any longer).

Yeah, I know that there are just so few rooms at some of the resorts like VGC. So we won't be upset if we don't get our requests. Unless we end up in a room with lots of noise or something.

Yeah, I know that there are just so few rooms at some of the resorts like VGC. So we won't be upset if we don't get our requests. Unless we end up in a room with lots of noise or something.
Well, I've been thinking that so many people request high floor, your request for a low floor has a good chance of being fulfilled because it's less common!

I’m curious about what to request at BRV also with my upcoming studio stay. I need the 2 beds so I know to request not on the top floor, but anything else I should ask for?

I have a lot of luck with room requests. Here's how. 1) get a map showing building #s and put it on your phone. 2) Know your room category and what is valid. Don't ask for Congress Park if you reserved SS Standard. 3) Make it simple, and choose a priority. Paddock near pool. OR Congress Park near bus stop. OR First floor. OR High Floor. OR Near Parking Lot. 4) On arrival visit the fromt desk and tell them you are willing to wait longer for a room meeting for ask. OR When you get a room ready message, check the room against your map. If it's undesirable, call or visit the front desk and ask if you can wait for a room closer to your ask. Make it clear you didn't visit the assigned room.

I have had a room that wasn't what I asked for only once in a dozen visits.

Okay....so I went to the DVC site and selected chat. It asked a few questions, I assumed to direct me in the right place. I selected "current reservation" and I'm guessing that was wrong because the automated response was just a message telling me to call a certain phone number.

So...what should I be selecting instead??

Okay....so I went to the DVC site and selected chat. It asked a few questions, I assumed to direct me in the right place. I selected "current reservation" and I'm guessing that was wrong because the automated response was just a message telling me to call a certain phone number.

I don't know, but I would then click Help & Contact (up at the top) and send an email.

Ugh. That's what happens when member services is closed, or the chat bot can't understand the request. Sorry

You did it right, it just means there was no CM available to chat at that moment. If you try during working hours and possibly a bit after when 9am, when MS is less busy, you should be connected to a human.

Just tried again and it blips right to giving me a phone number to call. I am NOT a phone person so I suppose I'll try finding an email or something. Annoying. I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Attachments

• DVCchat.jpg
    DVCchat.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter