Room request

imnotsancho

Earning My Ears
Figured I’d try to ask for a couple of room requests through the chat feature on MDE and nobody has gotten back to me. Tried at 3pm or so yesterday and said no more chats are being taken at 11:45pm. Tried today around noon and still waiting….

anyone else able to get through or is it basically impossible?

You can also go through Touring Plans. Pay for a subscription and they will submit your room request for you.

Disney chat of any sort has been wildly unreliable for months. DH had one open for hours before our last trip.

Calling will probably require a lengthy wait, too. Be prepared that you may get disconnected.

I’ve had success a couple times with chat room requests over the last few weeks. But in each instance I think I started the chat in the morning. It took them a few hours to respond but they did and said the request had been noted.

I called mine in to guest services after holding for a long time of course.

Side note: set your expectations that it’s just a request. Out of the last 3 trips - only got one of my requests. And they weren’t outlandish. Things like top floor at the motel style value resort buildings or king vs double bed.

Email and chat are terrible since covid. I have not tried chat to get a room request, but for other things and they said I would have to call. I emailed and never did get a reply. The only way to get a request on a room is to call Disney and maybe wait on hold for an hour or more. Sometimes you will get lucky and won’t have to wait that long.
I have touring plans and have not had much luck getting my room request with them.
i just call Disney and have it added. I also call like 3 weeks before and ask if it is on my reservation. A couple of times they said it was not.

Did a chat while there because we needed extra blankets and towels and the number was busy. I sent a chat. It indicated it was read and never got a reply or the stuff we asked for. Next morning I called and got the items right away. The chat feature is basically worthless much of the time. I think only once did it work while I was there.

Did a chat while there because we needed extra blankets and towels and the number was busy. I sent a chat. It indicated it was read and never got a reply or the stuff we asked for. Next morning I called and got the items right away. The chat feature is basically worthless much of the time. I think only once did it work while I was there.
The chat feature is like the phone numbers on the website. they go to off site call centers, not the resorts. If you need something while on property, use the housekeeping button on the in room phone, or go to the front desk.
Many call center cast members have never visited WDW. If it isn't in their script book, they don't know the answer to whatever you're asking.

The chat feature is like the phone numbers on the website. they go to off site call centers, not the resorts. If you need something while on property, use the housekeeping button on the in room phone, or go to the front desk.
Many call center cast members have never visited WDW. If it isn't in their script book, they don't know the answer to whatever you're asking.

the housekeeping button (which was called something else on the phone) had a long wait on hold with no answer. That’s why I used the chat. In the past it worked quickly (once). This time it was read then that was the end. Next day the button on the phone immediately connected to someone.

I know at least some of the Disney hotels have a drop-down room preference box you can find in the online reservation area. Picking one of those is probably a better use of your time then waiting hours to get someone in chat or on the phone. Any 'request' you make for a choice of room no matter which way you choose it is merely stating a 'preference' and there is no guarantee they will be able to grant what you are asking for.

Figured I’d try to ask for a couple of room requests through the chat feature on MDE and nobody has gotten back to me. Tried at 3pm or so yesterday and said no more chats are being taken at 11:45pm. Tried today around noon and still waiting….

anyone else able to get through or is it basically impossible?
I was able to get through immediately last night at about 7:00 pm EST with a request for one part of our stay. Dumb luck. Today I wanted to do the same for the second part of our trip--the family part involving four rooms and 10 people--and no success. There's a "busy" message and it's not possible to open a chat. The agent on chat last night said the phone hold time was about two hours.

i just call Disney and have it added. I also call like 3 weeks before and ask if it is on my reservation. A couple of times they said it was not.
Ditto!
I no longer bother with 'chat', it has literally just been a waste of time every time (3) I have used it in the past, and this was before Covid.
We had great success with our requests in the past, knock on wood:)
OP, I am guessing that you are wanting to do a more specific room request then are available through online check-in.

Ditto!
I no longer bother with 'chat', it has literally just been a waste of time every time (3) I have used it in the past, and this was before Covid.
We had great success with our requests in the past, knock on wood:)
OP, I am guessing that you are wanting to do a more specific room request then are available through online check-in.
Yes. Here now. We requested to be in oak manor instead of parterre place (or whatever it’s called). So it was just a picky little thing. But they gave it to us so it worked out well…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter