• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room request with Orbitz reservation

I don't know, we had a room reservation through Orbitz though and got a bit of Pixie dust with a lovely upgrade so I'd say it's not ruled out.

Once you have the reservation, wait 1-2 days and call the hotel directly. Do not call the general DIsneyland Hotels reservation line. The general Disney line can not access Orbitz reservations, but the hotel can (at least that is what I was told). I did this (called to discuss reservations made through Orbitz and directly through Disney) several times before our last trip, and could make a request when speaking directly to the hotel.

Hmm ok, I will try that. I called Disney and they told me no but I figured there had to be a way.

If you call the Resort Hotels number (714-956-6425) they will tell you they can not access reservations made outside of the Disney system. But ask for the direct number to the hotel you are staying, and call them directly. The Disneyland Hotel number is 714-778-6600 - I would have to look up the other ones. They were always happy to note requests when I have called in the past. The best way to improve your chances of getting where you want, is to check in as early as possible the day you are arriving and ask nicely ;).

Yes, as PP said, definitely call the Disneyland Hotel directly at (714) 778-6600. I booked with Orbitz a few months ago for Thanksgiving weekend, so we haven't stayed there yet, but when I called the hotel I spoke to the nicest CM who helped me with my requests. He also confirmed that all the rooms have refrigerators because the hotel website does not mention that.

Thanks. My resevation is for a deluxe view room, not sure what that means so I Was going to request the Adventure Tower. We will probably check in around 4pm.

I made our reservations for last month through Orbitz, and did not make any requests ahead of time. We had booked a premium view, and our room assignment was in the Fantasy Tower, pool view. That is considered a premium view, but I was hoping for the Adventure Tower with a Downtown Disney view. I asked politely, and the CM was happy to make the change. I would agree that arriving early is your best bet - we got there around 10:00 am.

Thanks so much, I just called and added it...easy. I'll program the number into my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter