Room Request suggestions for WL

conniehar90

DIS Veteran
This is our first time at this resort. We are checking in next Friday. I have a standard room booked. Since it is our first time, I have no idea what to request. I would like the best view possible but realize I only have a standard room booked. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Getting super excited!

We had a standard view room 2 years ago and we asked if we could have an otter pond view. We had a great few of Wishes every night and loved it. :goodvibes

We booked a woodsview room and loved it - we had a pond view and excellent views of Wishes. We could see the castle and monorail from our room! I loved it. That was the only room we haved stayed in at WL but can't wait to go back!

So, did you ask for the otter creek view at check-in or before? Upgrades are only offered at check-in right? I guess that means I should not do on-line check-in if I want to hope for an upgrade? Thanks to everyone for the help!

So, did you ask for the otter creek view at check-in or before? Upgrades are only offered at check-in right? I guess that means I should not do on-line check-in if I want to hope for an upgrade? Thanks to everyone for the help!

If you ask for an upgrade be prepared to pay for it. I would simply let Disney take care of it and see what happens.

Request north wing, high floor if you want to possibly see Wishes. With a standard view with that request you will be looking down on employee parking lots and the backs of the restaurants though.

Otter pond views are an upgrade (to woods view). Rather than asking for an upgrade I would ask if you can have a view of the otter pond and see what you get.

I asked for a room close to the main pool at BC once (with standard view booked, just wanted to minimize walking) and ended up with an upgrade to pool view (of the quiet pool, so not close to the main pool, but at that point I was not complaining!)

When we made our reservations we requested the Otter Pond View and each time we got it. We were usually on the 4th floor (or higher to see over the trees) and had a WONDERFUL view of Cinderellas Castle and the Fireworks from the balcony.

Also from this view you can watch the Water Pagent.

We also had a view of the otter pond and loved to watch the ducks.

OUr otter pond room was down the ramp off of the lobby past Roaring Forks restaurant. It was a little ways from the lobby. We liked it though. Not a lot of people in the hallway and fairly quiet, plus it was really close to the pool and the dock for the boat to MK.

we are saying standard CLWL what should we try to request? Anyone know of the better requests? I think I would like to see the castle. IS that a possible request?

For our first visit to WL we received some awesome magic and was upgraded to CL. Our second visit we paid for standard view CL and received a nice view of Bay Lake. Neither time did we ask for an upgrade (and never do). I just tell them how much we love WL, and how it's our favorite resort. Even if I don't receive an upgrade, I'm happy to receive what I paid for.

thanks for the suggestions! We are booked for standard room but hoping we are lucky to get a better view. We did get an upgrade last year staying at CR which was great. All i did was ask for a patio and got a lake view to top it off. I did however have to remind the clerk because i dont think she originally looked at the request.
Any suggestions on how to ask for a pool view without it sounding like your asking for an upgrade:goodvibes

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will tell them it is our first time at the resort and ask if there are any good views available. If not, it will still be a great trip!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will tell them it is our first time at the resort and ask if there are any good views available. If not, it will still be a great trip!!

Yes good idea this way not directly asking for upgrade, i think i will do the same or ask for room close to pool and see what happens.

could the people that had the otter pond view and the view of the castle post pictures please? we are thinking about taiing at the WL for december 5-11 and stay either standard or woods view. so the people with the otter pnd view you said it was a woods view right? could you please post pictures?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter