room request on reservation page

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by toonaspie, Jan 10, 2013.

1. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

How come under "Special Room Requests" the only thing they are giving me is whether or not I want a Pack n Play in my room? Isn't there some place where I can write down my request for what kind of room I want (location, etc) or is that something I have to do elsewhere? Or maybe another time? If so where and when?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

As you are finding out, during online check-in is not the time/place to make room requests. Call and have any requests added to your reservation.:thumbsup2

4. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Room requests can be made at the time of reservation until about 3 - 5 days before check-in, when the ressies roll over to the actual resort.

If you have more than one request, list them in order of importance to you.

The less requests you make, the easier it is for them to fulfill them.

Keep them simple; i.e. close to elevator, close to transportation, quiet area, close to parking, etc.

5. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

Room requests have to be called in & noted on your reservation.

6. brucerob62

brucerob62 Mouseketeer

weird ,,i did online check in today at 60 day mark..it asked for 4 room requests to check 2.max .(i had close to elevator then it had 3 diff savannah views)..but i only booked a standard villa at AKL..so i checked savannah arusha..and close to elevator..will i be charged extra for savannah if they grant this request?..i rented dvc points for this stay..so i assume they cant charge more?

7. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

So let me get this straight...

I can pretty much do anything now on the Disney website.

I can reserve my room, reserve my restaurants, AND reserve my rides months before arriving...

...but I can't even submit the requests for what I want in my room and have to call the hotline days before arriving?

Where is the logic in this???? :badpc:

So really I can't make any requests until it's time to do the online check in? None of the answers I have been given so far have been consistent.

8. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Different resorts have different options.

If they move you, they wouldn't charge you the additional points. However, I would anticipate not being moved. Upgrades aren't given much for regular booking guests, but hardly ever for DVC.

9. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

You can call anytime to have your requests added to the reservation. With the old website when people were going to submit their requests via online check in, it would error out and tell them to call anyway.

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I always make my requests when I make my reservation. You can add room requests anytime up until about 2-3 days prior to your arrival.

I don't know. It's always been that way.

Like I mentioned above, you can make your room requests at any time up until 2-3 days prior to your arrival.