Room Request Limited Walking Port Orleans Riverside

Princess Erin

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any ideas for room locations for someone with limited walking ability at Port Orleans Riverside. We would need to have a centrally located room to the lobby, bus stop, dining, etc. Can someone please help. Thanks.

Try for building 14 first floor in AB section. That is the building that I had requested before I upgraded to WL :woohoo: . It is close to the main buildings, food court and bus stop. Good luck.:goodvibes

My DW has some mobility issues too. We haven't stayed at POR, but we were at POFQ this summer. It was perfect for us because it was a little more compact. We didn't have to worry about the walking issues at all. Might be another option for you.

POR is pretty spread out, we had someone with mobility problems last time we were there and we requested a close room for that reason and it was still a little walk. POFQ is so much easier to get around.

When you call to make your reservation tell the CM that you have trouble walking and standing for any length of time and that you are requesting a room on the first floor in building 14 because of this, it seems to be the closest building to all of the main buildings. Also when you get to about 5 days out from your vacation call the resort itself and tell them you are checking on your reservation and tell them when you will be arriving, they should have it by then and once again make your request and explain the reason for these request. Good luck.

We love POR and our favorite, least-walking section is a water view room in Parterre Place!! Just over the bridge from the main building, restaurants, bus stops, etc!!! Awesome place to stay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter