Room request for POR? Advice please...

kathy carleton

Mouseketeer
Hi switched from ASMU to POR at last minute. What room to request? AB or Mansions? due to severe asthma, need to be non smoking and ground floor... close to transportation is helpful too.

Thanks! looking forward to trying this resort.

We just got back from POR. I really liked it a lot. We stayed in the Mansions (Paterre Place), but I heard the AB section is nice. My main request was for a renovated room (not all AB has been renovated). The room was like new with wonderful new beds. I would stay in the Mansions again, but would try to get a room in Oak Manor near the pool.
::MinnieMo

POR Front desk told me Oak Manor is smoking.

Be sure to tell CRO why you need a non-smoking room and call POR 3-5 days prior to arrival. They are so helpful and kind at POR.

I would call the resort directly to make sure you get what you need. The # is (407)934-6000. The room assignment will have already been made when you arrive. I was told by a CM and also on this board that Oak Manor is non-smoking on the 1st and 2nd floors. I would request this or Paterre Place.

AB building 14, with 15 as a second choice. :)

Port Orleans Riverside Map

On the map, Dixie Platform and Mason Platform are the main bus stops, and are easily accessible through the parking lot from either 14 or 15, or through the lobby.

You will also be extremely close to the food court.

I found out from my travel agent to make sure the resort knows you need non smoking for medical reasons. I guess this makes it a higher priority.

Have fun

Susan

Does anyone know if Alligator Bayou Building 14 and/or 15 are renovated yet?

Originally posted by CHJAN
Does anyone know if Alligator Bayou Building 14 and/or 15 are renovated yet?

When I spoke with the front desk late Septmeber she told me AB were next to ger renovated. I read on the board somehwere that the some of the 20's buildings were done - you might want to call and check.

Also, I was told that so many people request building 14 its hard to get, so be sure have another choice. :)

If you have a medical reason non-smoking will be guaranteed. I never have a problem.

Enjoy your trip!

I have allergies to nold, and this triggers my asthma. Stay away from bayou if this is the case - a lot of water and foliage - beautiful to look at, but not good for me. We love the mansions. If you have difficulty breathing with exertion, ask for a room close to an elevator. You can walk pretty darn far to some of those rooms in the mansions.

We are going to POR in December - my favorite resort. The staff are so nice, the guests are nice, and the lounge has entertainment you don't want to miss. You will love this resort. It has won national awards for its landscaping. I was fortunate to find an opening at the discounted rate last week - originally there were no rooms available at that rate - got my ressie switched and WOW, I can't wait to get there

You can fax your request to the room assigner 48 hours prior to arrival.

Susan

I do need to get my glasses so I can see what I type

we were there 23 October for 4 nights and building 24 had been renovated - I did not see that any other buildings had been done - certainly not the ones on my walk to the food court (which would include building 18 and 14)

you all are giving me such great advice! i have printed this out and plan to call or fax 3 days prior to arrival.... i am arriving late and have found that many times my room assignment has been chaged several times from the original one assigned in the morning.. do you think i can talk them inot not allowing it to be changed??

Also, how important do you think a renovated room is?? i was leaning towards Alligator Bayou area....

What do you think?? You guys have never led me wrong!!

PS am so excited, had been calling for months trying to change from ASMU and have tried most of the resorts and POR and POFQ were next on my "wish list".... last Thurs both were available and even though i know i would like POFQ, thought would like POR for holiday!! and i got $79 ap rate!!!!!!1:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by kathy carleton
Also, how important do you think a renovated room is?? i was leaning towards Alligator Bayou area....

I think it really depends on each person and what is important. Sicne AB has not been renovated lately I would not want to stay there. Some DISers have reported rooms in real need of refurbishment - rugs very worn, furniture broken etc. Just worn out looking - though some have also said it was in need of renovation, but still clean.

Before I changed to POP I had POFQ at the $79 rate and chose it becasue the refurbishment was finished so recently. The newly done rooms @ FQ do have a curtain you can pull for privacy in front of the sinks (between beds and sink area).

I've heard that Parterre Place in POR is really nice! I would request that section if I were staying there. It's just down from the bridge which takes you to the main bus stop, gift shop and food court.
http://allearsnet.com/acc/pomap1.jpg
(You can enlarge the map by clicking on the right lower corner. )

I so enjoy how everyone has a favorite resort or location etc! :)

Have a magical trip! :)

What a great map. I could actually read the building numbers! Thanks, now I can see what you all have been talking about with regard to building numbers.

Glad it came through ok!

I know how happy I was when i figured out it could be enlarged -what a difference!!

:wave:

Just got back from POR. Stayed in AB, building 15. Wasn't renovated but nice new mattresses and very clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter