Room request dilemma

delux

Mouseketeer
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

As far as distance goes, I am not sure. However, from my understanding, the murphy beds aren't really adult-sized. The evening the friend joins you on your trip, two of you may just have to share a bed?

"Additionally, all of the Alligator Bayou rooms (including the Alligator Bayou King Bed rooms) include an extra fold-down Murphy bed located over the banquette bench seat. These beds are about 63" x 30" and are suitable for most children aged up to about 12-13 years, but would probably be too small for adults over about 5' 3" tall. Note: the only way to guarantee this feature is by having a party of five people at Riverside, or by booking a Preferred Location room"

Quoted from the portorleans.org website if that helps.

I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

AB has the murphy beds, but they are reserved for families of 5, as needed.

You can request it, but then for the entire week, you may be in one of the most secluded buildings in the AB section, when you only wanted the extra bed for one night.

The beds are queen sized; honestly, I stayed with 3 other adults for an entire week when they were doubles, and we didn't have any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter