• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room request at CSR

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
I would like to request a room at CSR in the Cabanas section. How do I do that? Do I just call central reservations and ask that they make a note of it? Also, we have a standard room...do I need to upgrade to waterview to be in that section? Thanks for any help!

I would like to request a room at CSR in the Cabanas section. How do I do that? Do I just call central reservations and ask that they make a note of it? Also, we have a standard room...do I need to upgrade to waterview to be in that section? Thanks for any help!

I would call whoever you made your reservations with and ask that they put a note on your reservation that you would like to request the Cabanas section. Then when you check in, I would mention it again at the registration desk. There are standard rooms in all of the sections--Cabanas, Casitas and Ranchos, so you need not change to a waterview.

We stayed in Cabanas 8B last year and did not request or pay for preferred room. It was a perfect spot, close to the big dig, playground. I would ask them to make a note on your ressie that you would like that section, it was really nice.

I also want to add that if you don't get Cabanas don't despair! We were in Ranchos, and while that is one of the furthest sections from the Pepper Market/check in, we loved that location! It was close to the dig site and we had a really nice quiet pool right outside our door. That was one of those instances where I had that sinking feeling at check in when I didn't get my request and it was all fine.

My aunt who was recovering from a bad hip injury also did very well in that location. No problems with any of the walking, she enjoyed it.

And another added note. We have stayed in Casitas all seven stays. We normally are in 4 or 5 and it is about a seven to ten minute walk (depending on how fast you walk) to the Dig Site (five minutes to the Main Building. This year, we were in Casitas 3 (because we were upgraded to a suite) and it was a longer walk to the Dig Site, but only a minute to the Main Building. It didn't bother us because we spend a lot of time at the quiet pools anyway; and when we did go to the Dig Site we walked the opposite direction towards the Cabanas and around...it didn't seem as long as walking past the other Casitas and then the Ranchos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter