Room ready text

Our last trip in June, I did online check-in and said our arrival time would be 6:30 p.m and I got the room ready text at 1:00 p.m.

When we were leaving the airport the message came through. Walked right through the lobby of the WL to our room (it was like mid-afternoon).

When I do online checkin, I always say we will arrive at 10:00 am and request early check-in as top priority over any room requests. We drive. We have gotten texts as early as 9:00am and the latest was 3:15 pm.

Last edited:

I've gotten the text before even leaving for the airport.

I was just at Boardwalk and didn't get one until checking in for DME and even then it was to visit the front desk because they had to scan all Magic Bands before they'd work.

Two trips with no text message letting us know that room was ready and one trip with a message. Our room requests were minimal to none and one time the CM at check-in told us that they had texted us when we were positive that they hadn't. If true, I wonder who actually received our text message :rolleyes1.

For our last trip, I think the arrival time I gave them was about an hour after our flight arrived. I got a text in between getting off the plane and getting on DME telling me the room "wasn't quite ready yet". We got to the resort (BLT) and went to Contempo Cafe to get something to eat. I got a second text while we were eating with the room number. We landed at 11-ish, and I think we were in the room by 2:00/2:30 (after taking our time getting to MDE and eating at the resort).

We went last week, had completed online check in, arrived around 1pm and got the text about 45 minutes later. I did go to the front desk on arrival and was told I wouldn't receive the text until the room was cleaned and ready. We did not get our request to be near the lobby/lobby elevators but did get an upgrade from standard view to lagoon view so no complaints.

We had brought bathing suits in our carry on, so just headed straight for the pool to hang out and wait.

I think I had an estimated arrival of 6:00 and we got our text at 1:48 PM. That was for our first night at AoA. The rest of the week we stayed at the WL and we got our room-ready text at 7:39 AM the next morning. We weren't even out of bed and I was only barely awake at that point. I woke up really fast though!

Similar to what others have said, I usually give our arrival time at about an hour before we get there. Usually room is ready well before then. Our trip in 34 days will be our first stay using DVC. Hoping that it is just as efficient as our two non-DVC resort stays.

Believe it was late May this we were getting ready to drive to POP from our house just north of Orlando planned to get there around 3, the room ready text came in around 11:30ish

When we were there in April, we got a room ready text at AOA while we were on the way there on Magical Express. Then, we got a room ready text from GF when we were on the shuttle from our DCL cruise to the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter