Room Question

gyontour

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
we have booked through Thomsons travel in the UK for Port Orleans Riverside. They only offer 1 type of room and that is standard view. We would dearly like to be in the blocks closest to the food court, think it is block 17 and 18, and I now know these rooms are classed differently, we have stayed in these before. My question is does anyone know if we can pay extra for one of these rooms on arrival, thanks

Hi there,
we have booked through Thomsons travel in the UK for Port Orleans Riverside. They only offer 1 type of room and that is standard view. We would dearly like to be in the blocks closest to the food court, think it is block 17 and 18, and I now know these rooms are classed differently, we have stayed in these before. My question is does anyone know if we can pay extra for one of these rooms on arrival, thanks

On arrival, I don't think so.

What are your travel dates ? Just wondering because if they are soonish, its quite possible that all the preferred rooms are in fact, booked. But if they are a decent time off, its surprising you could not pay for a preferred room.

If they have any of the preferred rooms available at the time of your check-in, then yes you can pay for an upgrade.

thanks, does anyone know if there is a number that I can phone and see if i can upgrade now

I think you could ask the cost and availability of an upgrade at check in. Then if one is available and you are willing to pay the difference you can.
All Dis experts: this is correct, yes?

I think you could ask the cost and availability of an upgrade at check in. Then if one is available and you are willing to pay the difference you can.
All Dis experts: this is correct, yes?

Well that would only work if theres an opening, doesn't hurt to ask.

Try calling now and trying to upgrade your room

If UK travel agencies work like the ones here in the US, Thomson's owns your reservation so any changes/upgrades would have to be done through them. If you call Disney they wouldn't be able to do anything with the rservation.

At the moment you can try calling Thomson's and see if they will let you upgrade. If you wait until you arrive at DW, you can ask when you check in. However, there would have to be room availability and if your Thomson's reservation included a room rate discount you will probably lose it.

I think my real issue was that I imagined your booking would be something soonish, and I know POR has been very full, and preferred rooms are pretty popular.

Hi there,

you can most definitely pay for an upgrade if it's available :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter