Room question about Old Key West

flattfamily5

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in January for a 2 bedroom villa. I was wondering if someone can recommend a good room or building.

Some of the complaints that I had read about was being to far from the pool and restaurant and also being to close to the bus stop was noisy...

so maybe close to the main building but away from the bus stop?? :confused3

any help?

thanks

That exact preference - "close to the main building but far away from a bus stop" - seems like the absolute BEST request to make in your situation.

That's what I was thinking...I'm wondering if anyone has a specific room or building that they enjoyed staying at.

Thanks

Just by luck, and I don't know the number, but if you walk out of the back of Hospitality House facing the river, then look to about two o'clock, there's a little cul de sac across from the back corner of HH. There's a bus stop out on the main road there which makes it really convenient, but the buses don't pull into that little area so it's quiet. The only pool it's near is the main one.
When you're standing at the entrance to the cul de sac, the buildings on the left face, I think, a golf course and the other two face either some water or the road (but I could be wrong about the view).

That's what I was thinking...I'm wondering if anyone has a specific room or building that they enjoyed staying at.

Thanks
You are best off not requesting a specific room or a specific building. Since there is only one room that meets your request (or maybe several rooms, if you specify a building), chances are very good that your request won't be met.

Also, keep in mind that most of the rooms don't have any windows facing the road/bus stops. The entry side of the buildings face the parking lot/street and that side of the building has only the door to the room and a frosted glass window from the bathroom. Most of the windows face either water or golf course out the back of the building. So, even the buildings near the bus stop have very few rooms that actually face the bus stop. And, some of the buildings near the bus stop are not going to get noise (like buildings 24, 25, and 1/2 of 23 and 26 on the map of OKW).
Some of the noisier places that people have complained about have been the buildings away from the bus stop, but in front of the bus turn around points - like in front of building 21. We stayed in building 21 this past March and even though we knew the buses were turning around right in front of our building, we never heard them.

We just got back from OKW last week. We were in Building 18. It was perfect because it was close enough to walk to the Hospitality House and main pool and very close to a bus stop the other way. I didn't realize how HUGE the resort is and some of the buildings are very far away from the HH and main pool. We also had a quiet pool right behind the next building, which was #19. It was quiet and we really enjoyed staying there! Have fun...oh, and their restaurant called "Olivia's" had really good food, too! :yay:

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. They really help with our decision making :)

And I am ALWAYS looking for good places to eat...I think that's the hardest part of planning for me..Where am I going to eat???:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter