Room prices high for value season?

TravelAgentJen

Thats what my fam calls me
When I look at all the sites that tell you what room prices are during september they're lower then disney room quote. So does disney lower the room price on there booking site at some point? Or are these higher prices the new normal and the other info sites need to update? Or is just taxes that the info site doen't include?

If you are looking like you are going through all the motions of booking, you have to make sure that you click on the special offers link and go from there. The Disney website DOES NOT just automatically give you the lowest price for your dates.

I'm not sure if that's what you are asking though.

the discounts are only to 6/14/2013.

sept does have discount - this is more likely the time when free dinning will happen.

I know what you mean, Orbitz gave me a Wilderness Cabin price that was only $25 more a night than what Disney's website was going to charge me for ASMu Family Suite. Considering we would have a kitchen then vs microwave/fridge, it is very tempting to book through Orbitz.

When I look at all the sites that tell you what room prices are during september they're lower then disney room quote. So does disney lower the room price on there booking site at some point? Or are these higher prices the new normal and the other info sites need to update? Or is just taxes that the info site doen't include?

It's quite possible some of the sites weren't updated or they aren't including tax. Disney raised their rack rates early this year, right before the spring discount was released. If you are unsure if the other sites are including tax, just add 12.5% tax to what they have listed and compare it to Disney's prices. The only time Disney will lower the room price is when they issue a promo and even then, you have to go through special offers in order to get it. If you don't, they will quote you rack rate.

So is Disney raising the rack rates during the year now. I thought once they released the following years rates and such they were set in stone. Is this something new they are doing or have they been doing this? Glad I have a great discount with ***.

Did you figure in tax? Did you average in the higher cost of weekends? Does your dates cover two seasons?
I realized that my quote included the higher weekend prices and tax, and therefore was higher, and more accurate, as compared to the "per night" cost for a weekday room, before tax.
I also thought all of Sept. was the same price, only to look at the calendar for the month, and find that there is a price hike mid-month, thereby affecting my total also.
Hope that helps! :wave2:

So is Disney raising the rack rates during the year now. I thought once they released the following years rates and such they were set in stone. Is this something new they are doing or have they been doing this? Glad I have a great discount with ***.

As far as I can recall, this is new this year. They adjusted the seasons and rates right before releasing the spring discount early this year, thereby minimizing the discount a bit - kind of smoke and mirrors if you ask me. Raise the rate, then offer a percentage off. Someone with more experience may remember them doing this previously, I just don't recall.

I do recall last year, they raised the ticket prices before releasing the fall discount which, again minimized the discount for people booking packages after the ticket increase. I helped a family of 6 with a trip last year. They booked a trip at rack rate for November 2012 about 9 months prior to check-in. In the summer 2012, ticket prices went up, discount was released and we checked to see if they could save money by applying the discount - nope, in fact with the "discount" it was now more than what they locked in at rack because the ticket prices were now higher.

With ticket price increases imminent, I would suggest anyone looking to book a fall package with tickets, book now as the next discount may really not be a discount at all if you book after the ticket prices go up.

As far as I can recall, this is new this year. They adjusted the seasons and rates right before releasing the spring discount early this year, thereby minimizing the discount a bit - kind of smoke and mirrors if you ask me. Raise the rate, then offer a percentage off. Someone with more experience may remember them doing this previously, I just don't recall.

I do recall last year, they raised the ticket prices before releasing the fall discount which, again minimized the discount for people booking packages after the ticket increase. I helped a family of 6 with a trip last year. They booked a trip at rack rate for November 2012 about 9 months prior to check-in. In the summer 2012, ticket prices went up, discount was released and we checked to see if they could save money by applying the discount - nope, in fact with the "discount" it was now more than what they locked in at rack because the ticket prices were now higher.

With ticket price increases imminent, I would suggest anyone looking to book a fall package with tickets, book now as the next discount may really not be a discount at all if you book after the ticket prices go up.

Ya, Disney is getting desperate to pay for the Fantasy Land expansion. This will be our last vacation for a long while. Renting DVC points might become the new thing for us to do in the future. But I bet if enough people do this and really starts to cut into Disney's pocket they may put a end to this as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter