Room paid for, not taking credit cards. Problem?

daisylove

<font color=purple>Met a DISboard Celebrity!<br><f
My mom booked and fully paid the hotell at all stars as a present for me and DD for next week. Mom is not going on this trip. Will I have a problem checking in when it is already paid for but by someone else? Also I do not plan on bringing credit cards this trip just cash, trav check. Somehow credit cards and WDW is not a good idea for me:D So will that present a problem at check in? I do not want charging on room key either. Thanks!!!

As long as you are at least 18 years of age and your name is on the reservation, you shouldn't have a problem checking in.

No problem if you don't have a credit card either - as long as you don't want to charge anything back to the room.

Enjoy the trip!

I would call and ask the resort. Usually hotels want a credit card, in case of phone charges, etc. Disney might not want this, but, better to ask them and be sure. JMHO.

Kungaloosh!
Mort.

Worst case scenario is you will not be able to make outside phonecalls from your room.;)

I would much rather they just make it so I can't make calls from the room (especially at the phone call prices they set). My cell works just fine. We are saving for a big deluxe trip to wdw for our anniversary in Nov so I have to really watch my spending on this one. Just do not want to get there and be told "oops sorry..."

Based on my reading of trip reports you will be fine. That said the best way to be 100% sure is to call Disney.

I've never, ever given them a credit card to have on record at any of the onsite hotels I've stayed at. Never had a problem with it either :) If you do wind up using your phone say, you'll just be given a bill on the day you are checking out and won't be able to do express check-out.
I agree, credit cards and WDW do not mix, for my own good!!

I would maybe take one just for a worst case scenario (like you lost/had stolen your cash and travelers checks (including trav. checks receipts).

But that would just be worst case scenario.

We've checked in paying cash, and never had to give anything if we did not want to charge to our card. We just paid our room charges at check-out. I have also given a set amount of cash at check-in, to be able to charge to the room card, so we didn't have to take anything to the parks with us.:sunny:

Hmm. That might be an idea. I really don't like the idea of carrying too much $ to the park. One, I would spend it and second i would lose it:D If I put a set amount on the room card then maybe I would not be tempted by this or that but just use it for food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter