• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Only then package Question

MEdisneyfan

Earning My Ears
We have been to Disney numerous times but always on a package. We have a package booked for next April, but due to my work schedule we ended up flying down the night before our package starts (cheaper flights). I booked a room only since we aren't arriving until after 10pm. I used the Disney Visa Room only discount for a garden view room at PORFQ since that is the same for our package. What is the likelihood that we do not have to change rooms? The reservations are linked. And how does the Magicband work with that? Will we have to recheck- in?

We have been to Disney numerous times but always on a package. We have a package booked for next April, but due to my work schedule we ended up flying down the night before our package starts (cheaper flights). I booked a room only since we aren't arriving until after 10pm. I used the Disney Visa Room only discount for a garden view room at PORFQ since that is the same for our package. What is the likelihood that we do not have to change rooms? The reservations are linked. And how does the Magicband work with that? Will we have to recheck- in?

You will still have to check out then back in, but during check-in for the room only portion ask them if you can keep the same room for the package portion. The chance is good that when you check out and in again the following morning, you'll be assigned the same room. We've done this numerous times when I added on days.

The CM checking you into the room only reservation will be able to tell you whether you'll remain in the same room. Chances are good, especially since you're arriving late. The next morning, you can call the front desk from the phone in your room to check into your package, so no need to visit the front desk again. This was my experience at CBR last November and it worked like a charm!

Even thought the reservations have been linked, it's also a good idea to add a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but as others have posted, the chances are good that you will be able to keep the same room.

Even thought the reservations have been linked, it's also a good idea to add a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. It's not guaranteed you won't have to move, but as others have posted, the chances are good that you will be able to keep the same room.

Yes - your reservations are already linked, so calling to add the note "continuing reservation, would like to stay in the same room" could be helpful as well. Key word being a continuing reservation so they know it's consecutive and same room type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter