Room Only/Package Question

DJT

DIS Veteran
We are due to arrive on November 4th, booked with the room only discount. If I call today and add tickets, will that be considered a package and I will need to pay in full? If so, will it cancel out my room only discount? TIA.

Yes, it will make your reservation into a package.

To avoid problems like losing discounts (if the booking deadline has passed for the discount you used) or needing to pay in full, just order tickets separately, either from Disney or from a good broker - who may be able to save you a few dollars.

The benefits of transforming your reservation into a package one is that you would then be eligible for things like Planet Hollywood coupons and Magic Express - but if you don't need those, get the tickets elsewhere and save yourself the headaches.

If you want tickets, it will become a package and the total would be due now as you are less than 45 days from arrival. A room only cannot be converted to a package as tickets cannot just be added to make it a package. To go from one type of reservation to the other, the first one has to be cancelled/refunded and the new reservation booked, requiring a new deposit (or in your case, payment in full). If the discount you have now is expired, you will have to talk to someone in Guest Services as a CRO CM will not be able to do anything as they do not have access to expired promos. It may take awhile, but Guest Services should be able to help you without you losing the room discount. However, the deposit and any money that has been paid toward the room only reservation will be refunded, with the total amount for the package having to be paid now. Since room only reservations and packages are different reservation systems, money cannot be transferred between the two.

When you check in go ahead and purchase your tickets then. They may even be able to add them to your KTTW card there if you like. This way nothing is messed with or potentially messed up.

Unless you want the dining plan, there's no reason to switch to a package to get tickets.

We are due to arrive on November 4th, booked with the room only discount. If I call today and add tickets, will that be considered a package and I will need to pay in full? If so, will it cancel out my room only discount? TIA.

I would recommend just waiting to buy your tickets when you check-in, or at your local Disney store (if you have one). Also I've had good experiences with mapleleaftickets, they can ship to you, delivery to your resort, or you can pick them up from their local office. There really isn't any reason at this point to cancel and rebook your current reservation as a package. Have fun! :)

Just an update - I went ahead and called before I noticed any responses to my question, and asked the CM to add tickets to my reservation. The CM added them, had me pay just enough to cover the tickets, and didn't require me to pay the full price of the "package" which I was prepared to do. Unusual things happen sometimes I guess. :confused3

WE always do the room only w. the discount. As far as park tickets, I go to AAA and buy them the week before. And FYI, cheaper that buying at WDW.

I booked the room only discount and added the tickets. This didn't change my booking to a package and the room only discount was not removed.

WE always do the room only w. the discount. As far as park tickets, I go to AAA and buy them the week before. And FYI, cheaper that buying at WDW.

We got tickets for only two days and most ticket sellers do not sell two day tickets.

You can add stand alone KTTW tickets to the room only res without turning it into a package :thumbsup2

They CAN add a separate ticket purchase.

If you wanted a dining plan, this would have definitely been coverted to a package via cancellation and rebooking, but if all you want is tickets, they can add them as a separate purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter