Room Only Discount extended on Disney Site!!

Just did it online for Poly from 7/31/2010 to 8/9/2010. Room price went from 365.00 a night to 219.00 a night for a garden view. Was waiting for a PIN code but now we are all set and so happy. Savings for us is $1,478.67.:):):):):):):):wizard::wizard::wizard::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Sounds to me like we have to wait a day or so until they fix their system. How am I going to sleep tonight? :)

Agreed! The CM kept telling me that it was pricing higher with the discount code for me than with the 10% AAA rate I was given. He said because I have a third adult that is the reason. I understand that there is an extra $ for my third adult, but no way I add it does that make the difference. It should be pricing much lower than what they are telling me.

From what I am reading on the values, it is 25% for 1-4 nights and 30% for 4+. Is that correct?

The WDW website does not have the 2 different percent discounts for the summer deal. It just shows the lower discount for any length of trip, even 1 day, though there is some fine print about minimum requirements for Fri/Sat arrivals.

The WDW website does not have the 2 different percent discounts for the summer deal. It just shows the lower discount for any length of trip, even 1 day, though there is some fine print about minimum requirements for Fri/Sat arrivals.

Where exactly did you find the info about the Fri/Sat arrivals? Can you tell me where to look?

** Nevermind ** Found it.

My TA just checked for me and they my rate would have gone up from my AAA rate too. I checked on the website and it's actually FULL PRICE! So no discount for me as of now. It seems like later in the window is when people are getting discounts. Mine are for July 1-8. I hope those dates are not blacked out because of the holiday!!!!!!

My TA is going to keep checking for me. Hopefully it IS just a glitch and they will work it out soon!

Nikki - My dates are 7/23-7/31 so that is late in the window. I cannot get any discount other than deluxe. I am sure it is a glitch. Fingers crossed.

To view Rack rates go to mousesavers

I went on line and got great rates for standard view rooms for delux hotels, didn't seem to get a discount for POR.

I went on live chat in the beginning because it wasn't giving me the discounted rates, you have to go to the special offers page, scroll down and check availablility from there. It should say Winter Summer Discounts 5+ nights or something to that effect to get the discounted rates.

7/28 - 8/5/10
9 nights at WL $1296
9 nights at POR $1699

I wish I could take advantage of the extended offer. I booked with the room only which ended on 6/3/10. We are staying until 6/5/10. But, in order to take advantage of the extension, I'd have to book two separate reservations. We have the dining plan meaning I'd have to buy at least a one day ticket or pay out of pocket for two days of meals. I ran some numbers and I really wouldn't save any money. Oh well, I'm glad that I at least gone some discount. I'm happy for those of you who were waiting on a Summer discount.

i just priced out 6/11-14 and there was a significant discount (about $200) over pricing the same thing last night... but! i was unable to put in that i was planning a package, i had to start with room only, then add tickets, then add dining plan... if i tried to do a straight package, i got the same prices as last night!
bizarre!

I called and was told that i couldn't use this general public discount because I have an annual pass and would have to buy tickets for code to work. Doesn't room only mean no tickets or am i missing something? The same thing happens when I price it out inline.:confused3

I called and was told that i couldn't use this general public discount because I have an annual pass and would have to buy tickets for code to work. Doesn't room only mean no tickets or am i missing something? The same thing happens when I price it out inline.:confused3

That is absolutely ridiculous! It makes no sense!

I was able to get the discount on Deluxe only for room only (WL 9 nights for $1296 - which comes to $144 a night compared to $240 a night). Didn't have to purchase tix. Try to do it online vs. phone

I priced August 7-14 at both the Contemporary and Poly and got $171 (normally $285) for Contemporary and $219 (normally $365) for Poly.

If it stays like this, it might really be worth it to switch to WL with the discount and POR without one! Hmm....

Just tried to get back on the website to put in my dates for WL to see if the discount would apply and now I can't even get on. Maybe they are updating the information? :confused3

Does anyone know what happens if I call and have this discount applied to my already existing reservation (6/19 - 6/26), but then next month or the month after they offer a different/new discount (or I receive a PIN) that would save me more money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter