Room key / waves phones

mmr42

Earning My Ears
Weird question... What type of room key is used? I'm assuming its just like a credit card type thing. BUT do you have to insert it to open your door or just wave it?
I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should buy just a lanyard and punch a hole or a lanyard with a pouch attached.

Also, do most people carry the waves phones?

The answer to the key question depends on which ship you are on.

I would not say "most people" carry the wave phones. Some do. Some prefer the white/dry erase board concept.

Then you will have the slide-type Key to the World Card. New ships have the tap/RFID option.

We'll see if this is an upgrade to the Classics after the Magic goes in for her dry dock later this year.

Magic class, you need to insert the card.
Dream class you can just wave the card over the sensor.

Wave phones, just put it in a bag or pocket and check it if your expecting someone to call or message you

So, It's been about 6 years since we cruised on the Wonder and they didn't have wave phones. We'll have 4 kids with us (16, 14, 12, 8)- do the older kids get them too? Anybody have any pictures of them? Do they work like a cell phone in the ship?

Thanks a lot!

Kelly

You get two wave phones per stateroom. Additional phones may be rented for a fee.

They are like an old Nokia brick phone but not quite as hefty. They make phone calls to each other or any number on the ship - staterooms, spa, guest services - and have super basic text messaging.

You'll have to decide if you want your kids to have one as the fee for losing, damaging, or not having your phones in the stateroom on the last day is $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter