Room Key Necklace? It is a....

rell0530

Earning My Ears
The best way to describe a Room Key Necklace is that it is the same thing that you see people wearing around their necks at concerts. Back Stage Passes are hung on them. Usually a thick ribbon with a key chain type hook at the end. The hook pushes open to allow you to connect stuff to it. I'm not sure where to get them - mine is a giveaway from the Navy - Go figure!
I just made up the name Room Key Necklace - I'm not sure what they are really called.

Does anyone else know what they are called or where to get them?

:rolleyes:

Lanyards. We use them at work for our ID badges. We bought some on the Disney Cruise to use at work, but lots of people put their room key/ID in it while they are off the ship since you need it to get back on. They also have pin trader lanyards that some people use for their room key/ID. Some lanyards have a plastic sleeve on the end for the card, others just have a hook/tab to put though the opening on your card/ID.

Do the room keys have a slot in them to clip a lanyard onto?

Also, can someone post the dimensions of the room key. Want to see if it will fit into the plastic sleeve we use for ID's at work.

Thanks.

As part of the American Express White Glove Treatment you now receive a package of two lanyards with the clear plastic key/card holders and two trading pins upon check in. This replaces the fanny packs that were once given as part of the AEWGT.

Room keys are the size of a thin credit card.

At the WL, the front desk punched a hole in my daughter's room key (with no charging priveleges) and suggested putting it on her AP lanyard as a means of identifying her should she become seperated from us.

WDW Fantasy:

Do you get that package at every WDW resort? Because I never got a fanny pack before.

We got lanyards from Mousesavers, when we ran into her at the Boardwalk in May. We immediately put it to use (it had a plastic holder connected) for our fast passes. I cut the kids ones and put velcro on them for quick opening, in case they got snagged...rather lose a lanyard than a grand!!
Thanks Mary!!!

Hello,

I seem to remember that you can buy lanyards from WDW that are perfect for your park hopper passes. I think that there was some type of service offered where you can purchase them ahead of time from home. Does anyone out there know what the name of the place was that did this for you? I think it was called "Pixie" something or other. I can't remember the name of the place. I'm trying to get their website so I can order my lanyards ahead of time. If anyone out there knows, please pass that information along.

Thanks!

Here in Miami, lots of Hospital workers, and County workers have these and they are usually black leather and hang around the neck. I took my DH's after he retired from Dade County, and it has a plastic pouch in the front for your ID and a slot in the back, with a Snap, to put some money in.:) I am bringing it to Disney in 4 days, to use it in case I have no Pockets in some of the outfits I will wear.;)

PlutoPal,
AMEX White Glove Treatment is available at all resorts. All that is required is a minimum of a one night stay at a WDW resort paid for with your American Express. We have a whole drawer full of the fanny packs and I was glad to see the lanyards on the trip we just returned from. My kids are pin collectors. They were able to keep their room keys in the plastic holder attached to the lanyard.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter