room key/express checkout ??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kdibattista, Aug 12, 2002.

1. kdibattista

kdibattista <font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size

Okay - I have used the express checkout when I secured the room key with a credit card but this year I think we were going to secure charging privileges with cash (can't do as much damage!!). Is it possible to do express checkout when using cash? Don't know really how - just curious.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnie's Mate

Minnie's Mate DIS Veteran

I am not sure if I understand but I will give it a try. You will have to give your credit card to secure the room while you are there. You can pay by cash when you check out, but I believe you will have to request to not have express check out at the time of check in.

If you want to charge the room to a credit card without charge-to-the-room priviledges, then you can use express check out. But I don't think you can pay for the room in cash in advance and have express check out. In other words, I don't think you can pre-pay your room with cash. This is in case you have telephone charges to your room after "settling up" on the room.

Hope I answered your question somewhere in here.

4. Mamu

Mamu <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

If everything is paid at check-in with a CC. I do-not understand why you can't have express-checkout. There should be nothing to pay.

5. Kermit

Kermit <font color=blue>New Mama to Baby Jacob!</font><br

You can have express checkout if you've given them a credit card. That way if you charge anything else to your room, use the phone, etc., they can just charge your credit card. If you don't use a credit card, the last thing you do has to be check out so that they can de-activate your card and all charges to your room.

6. karensi

karensi <font color=9999FF>Taking grandchildren to WDW wil

I'm pretty sure that you can give cash and/or Disney dollars up front when you check in. I'm not sure if there is a minimum amount you need to give,seems like there might be,however, I think you can give the cash and then "charge" with the room key against the cash. I read some posts about people doing this and giving Disney dollars at check in. I thought at first it was a good idea and that I might try this, but have read too many posts about errors on the check out bill. I think I'll just bring my Disney dollars and use them to pay as I go. We usually don't charge anything back to our room, better able to keep track of all your expenses that way. Anyway, prehaps that is what kdbattista is referring to:D