Room Key Cards - Bring Back the Magic

lkenyon

Disney Diva
I just finished scrapbooking all of our Disney trips for the past eleven years. As the years have passed, I noticed that the room key cards have changed from vibrant multi-colored cards with great theme designs to a very simple, and in my opinion generic looking card. Disney needs to bring back the fun - room key cards are saved as souvenirs, and are advertising material for Disney. I want to see the adorable Tinkerbell card again or the awesome Mickey Mouse card.

I know in the greater scheme of life this seems trivial, but all of the little touches make Magic, and over the years DVC has slipped from treating owners as "members" towards treating them more like a "number." For Pete's sake, in the interest of greed they could bring the decorative cards back and sell them as a souvenir option for a $1 up charge to cover the cost and not hit their profit margin. Of course many of us would go for it - ha ha ha ha ha

Teasing, but soooooo true!

I can still remember the old plain gray punch cards which were in use during our first visits in 1994/95, so the cards they had on later visits were an improvement.

In the early years of EuroDisney, each hotel had it's hotel logo on the keycard, those were very nice, not sure if WDW ever had this?

Hopefully, WDW will get the new badge system which is now used on the Disney Dream, where you don't have to inserte or swipe the card but only touch the reader with it. Since it doesn't have a magnet bar anymore, they could use both sides to put something nice on it.

In the large picture of "Disney Magic", the picture on the key card is at the bottom for me. I'd much rather see some "magic" brought back into the theme of the room renovations and quality of housekeeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter