Room invoice - does it show who charged which credit?

elaine amj

DIS Veteran
I know the room invoice adds a note about who charged which expense to the magic band. e.g. it will show DH charged $32.35 at the World of Disney and I charged $7.80 at the Earl of Sandwich. I also know that dining credits are pooled. Will it show that DH charged 2 CS credits and I charged 5 TS credits?

Our family of 4 will be traveling with my DB and SIL and DN3 next August and we have a 2 bedroom villa at OKW with free DDP - so all credits will be pooled to the same room. We are there for FOURTEEN nights - so we'll be juggling 98 TS credits, 98 QS credits, and 196 snack credits. Quite overwhelming to keep track of.

My family likes to share meals and maximize our credits (DH and I take a lot of glee in this - its part of the fun for us. Plus my 2 teens eat rather lightly and I HATE wasted food). I don't want to stress my DB and SIL out with all this.

If the invoice shows who charged what, then every few days, I could go get the invoice and add everything up and give each family a regular update. If it doesn't, I'll just keep a tally of the overall number and we won't attempt to split up which family used which credit. Frankly, it is highly unlikely we'll run out of credits anyway. If we do, I'll just mentally be prepared to pay for some meals OOP.

The invoice only shows charges, it doesn't show anything about dining plan, that is a separate report. The dining plan report just showed how many credits were left of each type. I don't think they can give you a dining plan breakdown by person.

Thanks! I figured it was worth asking :)

In this case, it is unlikely to be worth the extra effort to split credits up by family. I'll just keep a tally of the overall number and we'll all eat what we eat :)

If everyone holds onto their receipts (showing credits used by purchase), you can tally them each night and get the same net effect.

If everyone holds onto their receipts (showing credits used by purchase), you can tally them each night and get the same net effect.

That's not a bad idea actually. I don't want a lot of fuss - but if we each charge our magic bands per family - e.g. we all go to Flame Tree together and DB charges 2 QS+1 snack credits for his family and we charge 2 QS + 2 snacks for our family and everyone hangs on to the receipts - every night we can tally things up by family. Hmmm...that's a lot less complicated than updating a spreadsheet after every purchase. Didn't even think about that because we always toss our receipts immediately.

Heck, it's the era of the smartphone. Just have people send a text, avoid keeping the paper. :teacher:

Heck, it's the era of the smartphone. Just have people send a text, avoid keeping the paper. :teacher:

I was originally thinking of a Google Sheet we would all have access to and for them just to update it with the # of credits they spent. But honestly, by Day 10 - it's going to be a big hassle to think about taking the min to stop and enter your credits. That's hard even for me! Last time we were there for a long trip, I ended up doing this late at night from memory rather than doing it on the go. I just don't want to stress my DB and SIL by constantly harping about tracking - which is why I am looking for a "simpler" system. I hate to keep all that paper, but that way all they have to do is shove the receipt in their pocket/purse. At night, they can do the math themselves or if they find that a hassle, just add it to a pile in the living room and I'll happily do it for them.

I'd prefer to track credits by family (so I don't feel tempted to look over their shoulder at what they are doing), but I don't want to be the one constantly nagging everyone to track either. With my family, they are super happy not to worry about tracking. But of course, I can tell them stuff like "ok - you have 3 QS credits left and 4 more meals to go. We're going to share the next meal". I can dictate to my family (and they like it so they don't have to bother with it), but I really don't want to dictate to other adults.

I saw someone use a system where at the beginning of the trip they handed out printed meal and snack tickets to each family in their large group. They would throw them away as they used them. This helped each family keep track of what they had used up of their portion of the meals. When all their coupons were gone they had used up their share.

I saw someone use a system where at the beginning of the trip they handed out printed meal and snack tickets to each family in their large group. They would throw them away as they used them. This helped each family keep track of what they had used up of their portion of the meals. When all their coupons were gone they had used up their share.
Oh, I like that idea.

There are only 2 or 3 of us, and we tend to stay together so we don't have a problem keeping track, but this sounds like a winning idea for those that need to keep track.

We each just kept up with our own families usage of the entitlements. On the receipt it show how many you have used a rolling total. But to answer the question, no way to see who charge what. You might want to make sure to pay adult beverage and any extra food meals to each of your own CC and not to the room, as my friends just had the biggest mess on check out day, both families charging to the room went on her CC...

Some great ideas. It's definitely a wee bit more complicated since we are in the same room and all our credits are pooled together. And yes, a good reminder to get my brother to set up different charging privileges on their MBs. Or if they prefer, they can use cash. I know our invoice will get a little messy since our own family likes charging to the MB. But the detailed invoice will help. Hmmm...packing a highlighter may help!

If they haven't been before I would give them a little info about the plan. We traveled with a family member and his 2 kids and though he didn't exceed his credits he didn't use them as we planned. We were all staying together the whole time except 1 meal. He kept using snack credits for cheap things like a kids sized milk and then paying for expensive snacks later even though we tried telling him. He also used a whole QS credit for a snack (times 3 people) and then wasn't happy about buying a $50 meal the next day when those credits were gone. He just wanted what he wanted when he wanted it and wasn't thinking about the rest of the trip.

We each just kept up with our own families usage of the entitlements. On the receipt it show how many you have used a rolling total. But to answer the question, no way to see who charge what. You might want to make sure to pay adult beverage and any extra food meals to each of your own CC and not to the room, as my friends just had the biggest mess on check out day, both families charging to the room went on her CC...

When I went with my mom, at check-in, we each were able to link our credit cards to our MB for individual charging. We got separate invoices at check-out for those charges. It's worth the few extra minutes at the front desk to avoid the above debacle!

I don't know if it would have made a difference, but when we last went with a mixed families group we assigned different PINs to different families as well...

When I went with my mom, at check-in, we each were able to link our credit cards to our MB for individual charging. We got separate invoices at check-out for those charges. It's worth the few extra minutes at the front desk to avoid the above debacle!

The front desk doesn't always do it right so you really should check back to make sure things are charging correctly.

They thought it had been set up that way... They were staying at the Treehouses, and she said at check in even though they had each given a CC for charging privileges... they were excited and distracted, so they might not have been clear to the CM on what they wanted... but it happened... every was linked to my friends CC. . She said that they did not check out the charges as they thought it was handled...Nothing's perfect... so double checking is always a great motto...

Thanks so much! We will set up separate credit cards to be on the safe side. Credits are still going to be a bit of a pain but we'll make it work.

Heck, I like that idea just for me since my upcoming trip will be my first on a dining plan. Do different color squares for meals and snacks. Use one (or two) for a meal, toss those squares! Get a snack, toss a square!

I know the room invoice adds a note about who charged which expense to the magic band. e.g. it will show DH charged $32.35 at the World of Disney and I charged $7.80 at the Earl of Sandwich. I also know that dining credits are pooled. Will it show that DH charged 2 CS credits and I charged 5 TS credits?

Our family of 4 will be traveling with my DB and SIL and DN3 next August and we have a 2 bedroom villa at OKW with free DDP - so all credits will be pooled to the same room. We are there for FOURTEEN nights - so we'll be juggling 98 TS credits, 98 QS credits, and 196 snack credits. Quite overwhelming to keep track of.

My family likes to share meals and maximize our credits (DH and I take a lot of glee in this - its part of the fun for us. Plus my 2 teens eat rather lightly and I HATE wasted food). I don't want to stress my DB and SIL out with all this.

If the invoice shows who charged what, then every few days, I could go get the invoice and add everything up and give each family a regular update. If it doesn't, I'll just keep a tally of the overall number and we won't attempt to split up which family used which credit. Frankly, it is highly unlikely we'll run out of credits anyway. If we do, I'll just mentally be prepared to pay for some meals OOP.

FYI the meal receipts apparently no longer give your running tally of what you have left in your plan. This may have stopped years ago for all I know because it's been 5 years since I have gone. I do still see people posting on these boards when questions are asked that balances are on the meal receipts. A friend who is there now sent me her receipt to ask where to find it. It shows what credits were used and appears to show what is left of that same type of credit. She had to go to the concierge to get her remaining credit tally.IMG_0793.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter