Room help?

mickyminnie890

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Hello I am going on the Disney Dream Cruise ( My 1st time on a cruise). Do you have to pay full price to get your room number. Cause I only payed the deposit?

Unless you booked a GTY status, you can choose your room number when you book. However, DCL has the right to move you if they wish!

I did book a GTY but if hasn't let me pick a room yet, do I have to pay full price the i could pick?

You do not pick a room on a GTY reservation. DCL picks it for you. Whether or not you have paid in full is not really relevant...sometimes a GTY placement will come through before the full payment deadline, sometimes after.

In order to pick a specific room you would have to find a category that had that option available. GTY means that category is sold out on the cruise you booked. DCL will decide whether or not to move people around the ship or fill cancellations in that category. You could be assigned to a different category than the one you booked, but it will not be a category below that.

In other words, if you book an 8A GTY you will be assigned a category 8A room or one ranked above that, but you are not guaranteed a category 8A room. What is supposedly guaranteed is that you will not be assigned below the category you booked.

You do not pick a room on a GTY reservation. DCL picks it for you. Whether or not you have paid in full is not really relevant...sometimes a GTY placement will come through before the full payment deadline, sometimes after.

In order to pick a specific room you would have to find a category that had that option available. GTY means that category is sold out on the cruise you booked. DCL will decide whether or not to move people around the ship or fill cancellations in that category. You could be assigned to a different category than the one you booked, but it will not be a category below that.

In other words, if you book an 8A GTY you will be assigned a category 8A room or one ranked above that, but you are not guaranteed a category 8A room. What is supposedly guaranteed is that you will not be assigned below the category you booked.

Okay thank you! But will it still be a Deluxe family oceanview stateroom but not in the catergory we chose?

Hmm that sounds good, I'm so happy for all the help everyone has given me since I started posting on DISboards. I do have one more question, what does it mean by guaranteed status selected?

It means that you have selected a GTY room (not a specific room).

:cutie:

When you look up your reservation it will have a room number assigned where it shows "GTY" now. The category will still stay the same no matter which room you are assigned. That is how DCL tracks what you actually paid for in case they need to move you again and make sure you don't get a category lower than what you paid for originally.

When you look up your reservation it will have a room number assigned where it shows "GTY" now. The category will still stay the same no matter which room you are assigned. That is how DCL tracks what you actually paid for in case they need to move you again and make sure you don't get a category lower than what you paid for originally.

Thank you :)

When you look up the reservation on line, it will show either GTY or a room number. The CATEGORY will never change--it will always show the category you paid for. However, when you get the room number, you'll be excited to look up whether this is the category you paid for or whether there was some pixie dust sprinkled your way.

Your cost will never change, but by booking GTY you have given DCL the right to put you in any cabin of at least that category or nicer that will hold the number of people you booked. So you do increase your chances of a free upgrade.

Thank you for all your help. Also when do they usually give out the assignments? Like 30 day out, of few weeks, on the day? Or it could all be one of those?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter