• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room for people with special needs

sandee

Mouseketeer
I have a handicap room reserved for our 9/28 due to my mom's recent health problems. Could someone tell me what these rooms are like? How do they compare in size to reg. room. Is there room for a wheelchair? Any info. would be appreciated.

I haven't stayed in one, but it would probably help you get more info if you could post the room # or at least the category.

look on Barb and Tony's site. They have pictures of some handicap rooms.

Our room is a cat. 11 and it's right next to the cat. 11 handicap room in your photos -7131. I am sooo glad it doesn't have a tub. I also noticed a little fold down chair which will be of great help to my mom. Her having a stroke so soon after our trip really wiped away that glow you feel after a great cruise and we're all so stressed out worrying about her recovery. The topic of our "next cruise with Disney" lets us escape from the real world, even if only for a few minutes. My mom will be interested and glad to know that the room won't be any kind of a problem for her. Thank you for the great photos.

Sandee,

Sorry to hear of your mom's stroke. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you since Cruisetoberfest. Hope all is going better now. At las\east good enough to consider another cruise. Stop by and say hi at the 10/11/03 thread.

Nancy

The showers are flush with the floor, no lip what so ever to get over to take a shower, also no lip on the doorway into the bathroom. There is a little pull down seat in there and plenty of bars to hold on to to shower and also to use the toilet. There are emergancy cords and buttons located all over and when they are pushed the bridge calls the room within seconds to make sure everything is alright(trust me, they call quick, my 2 year old saw a button to push and she pushed it!). The closet is big enough to walk in and also to store a wheelchair in. I am afraid that on my next cruise in May I will be dissapointed since I have stayed in the very large handicapped rooms and next time I am in a regular room! There is plenty of room in them to get around in a wheelchair.

for your help.Lat month we were on the Wonder on 3/16-6/20 and it was mom's 1st cruise. She had the stroke less then 48 hrs. after we returned home. While aboard ship she insisted we rebook for Sept. Hopefully by then she'll be able to go on another cruise. The room sounds perfect for what I feel will be her needs. Dr. said to keep talking up the next cruise to help give her a goal in her recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter