• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room for 5 or 6 people?

jrhwmr

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to go this summer. There might be 6 of us in one room. Are there any Disney Hotels or Good Neighbor Hotels that can accomodate that many people.

My SIL might not be able to go (her mother is in final stages of cancer) so if she is still alive she will not leave her to go, understandably.

If she is able to join us she would be added to our plan.

We will book though AAA. Anyone know if it would be easier to add her when we book or wait until we know if she can for sure go?

We usually go to WDW so I am not as familiar with the hotels at Disneyland. My grandparents lived in Fulerton so I stayed with them when I went as a kid.

Thanks!!

For onsite you can get rooms that have two beds and a daybed or rollaway for 5 people. For 6 you have very few options some suites or DVC villas if they are available.

Offsite most of the hotels have roll aways and suites. Some have connecting rooms as well.

We stay at Desert Inn & Suites when we have 6 or more people. Park Vue Inn also has suites that sleep up to 7. Both are right across from the pedestrian entrance to Disneyland. I believe Hojo has kid's suites that sleep 6.

We are staying at the Desert Inn and Suites too! We chose the family suite with 2 bedrooms (4 queen beds) and 1.5 bathrooms. This one sleeps up to 8, but then even offer one that sleeps up to 10! There is a smaller room too that has one bedroom with two queen beds and a living room with a sofa sleeper, so with two to a bed it would sleep six there exactly. The difference in price between the two rooms is something like $30/night. They are RIGHT across the street and they include a small breakfast too. I am checked (endlessly it seems! lol) for the best deals on suites and they by FAR have the best prices, and you cannot beat right across the street from Dland! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your help!!! I think we will plan to stay at the desert suites so we are flexible if SIL is able to join us.

If you want something in between on-site (GC 2 bedrooms for this summer are already booked I'm sure) and Desert Inn (my brother stayed there, saw his room, and I guess I'm a room snob now because I wouldn't stay there :rolleyes1), the Marriott Residence Inn has very nice suites at a fairly reasonable price. Slightly farther walk though. A PP already mentioned the Hojo's kids suites, which are also a step above the Desert Inn and not much farther.

Its easier to drop a person's name than add them later, so book for 6 now and if she makes it great, if not you have extra space.

Well Hojo is already full. We really will not be at the room long. We usually open and close the parks. We are going to be in California for 3 weeks touring arouond so I should try to be frugal when I can. I would love to stay at the Disneyland hotel but can't justify the extra $1000 for two nights.

There are 2 Residence Inns and a Homewood Suites in the area that have 2 bedroom suites. I believe Carousel at the pedestrian crosswalk has 2 bedroom suites also.

when we went with 6 people we stayed at the best western raffles inn and suites. it was kinda far tho ...like 2 blocks away . not bad in the day time ..but after a long day of walking throughout the parks ...:eek: we managed though and didn't have any problems with the hotel.. so overall it was ok! it was a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms

Residence Inn Maingate has bi-loft suites which provide two queen beds downstairs and one upstairs. Two bathrooms, a kitchen, lounge area etc. Very spacious for 5-6 people. Excellent breakfast included and good facilities (pool, computer access, wireless etc). A 10-15 minute walk to the parks (people say it's longer, it's not, trust me).

The DLH has a suite that will accommodate a group that size. I've never stayed in it, but I know they do because I've checked. We are a family of 6, so I have looked in the past.

The DLH has a suite that will accommodate a group that size. I've never stayed in it, but I know they do because I've checked. We are a family of 6, so I have looked in the past.

They do, but its cheaper to get 2 rooms.

We're a family of six so we always need to look for bigger rooms or suites. My favorite go-to is a site called Six Suitcase Travel. Plug in where you're going and it will return a list of all the hotels in the area that will accommodate, five, six, or more in a room. It's saved me a ton of time over the years!

Residence Inn Maingate has bi-loft suites which provide two queen beds downstairs and one upstairs. Two bathrooms, a kitchen, lounge area etc. Very spacious for 5-6 people. Excellent breakfast included and good facilities (pool, computer access, wireless etc). A 10-15 minute walk to the parks (people say it's longer, it's not, trust me).

I have made reservation for the Penthouse suite again this year since I am unable to secure points for a 1 bedroom DVC. We can save $$$ with the full kitchen, free grocery shopping and a great hot breakfast.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter