Room discounts for walk-ins

2plus2more

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if POR (or any other resort) might offer a discount for walk-ins? We're looking into a 1 night stay during the holiday season 2012 and wondering if there's any way to get a discount. Would love to stay at the Poly or Boardwalk or POR. Thanks

If you walk-in, you will actually pay rack rate, which would be the highest rate for that season.

Disney is not like a hotel that gives rooms at a discount at the last minute if they have them available.

Disney is a resort and they are also pretty busy during the holiday season; they have no problem booking rooms a year in advance and most of the time don't need to do any discounting during the busiest times of year.

Not true...we drove down a day early thanks to no power from Sandy.

We walked up to front desk at POFQ for room only one night before our package started.

They gave us a discounted rate since our package was discounted. Granted they could have felt bad for all the Sandy people coming in, but we got 15% our room only for that one night. They didn't have a king though, so we had to move the next day to start our package.

I've been quoted rack rate for extending a stay (that had an AP rate on it). I asked if the AP discount could be extended for the extra day & was told no. Maybe it depends who you ask!

I think it may be different if you are staying already with a package and looking to get an extra night added on to your stay. The CM's have a bit of leeway, I am sure.

But many people have reported just to go to the front desk and ask for one night, you will be quoted the rack rate no matter what. If they are lucky to find one during the Christmas season.

I once saw a fellow walk up to the desk at the WL and asked for a room without a reservation. He was told "Sorry, all filled up".

Disnydad said:
I once saw a fellow walk up to the desk at the WL and asked for a room without a reservation. He was told "Sorry, all filled up".

I think that would definitely happen around any holiday.

Luckily, there are 20 or so other resorts to drive around to before you head out to International Drive!

I did the one night walk up at Beach Club in 2009. Paid rack rate.

I had checked at the GF first. Rack rate there too. We left and tried Beach Club. Still had to choke down the price but it was a few hundred less than Beach Club for that one night.

Disney's discounts are such that you have to book by a certain date, typically several weeks out. All discounts have a "book by" date. Walking up to check in would mean any discounts for that time most likely had to be booked weeks, possibly months, ahead.

One exception would be the military discount. Those are released for the year and can be booked at anytime (minus any black out dates like holidays). Even with the military discount it's been our experience that you can't walk up and ask for it at the front desk. We added a night at WL at the end of one of our trips. We were told at the front desk that we would have to call the Disney reservation number to book a room for that night with the military discount, they could not give it to us at the desk. We called from the lobby, got the discount, then checked in.

Good to know. Online there is availability in all price brackets and since it looks like rack rate is our fate for this time, I might as well book before we get there. Thank you all for the great info! :thumbsup2

I think it may be different if you are staying already with a package and looking to get an extra night added on to your stay. The CM's have a bit of leeway, I am sure.

But many people have reported just to go to the front desk and ask for one night, you will be quoted the rack rate no matter what. If they are lucky to find one during the Christmas season.

That sounds right. We visit my parents in Florida and whenever we check into a last-minute night at Disney, it's always rack rate. Like Missytara said, it may be different if you extend an existing stay. Our friends booked BWI CL deluxe last year. When they arrived, their room was not available and Disney switched them to a 2-bedroom suite at BC. They loved it and wanted to extend their stay by one night. BC allowed them to extend their stay in the 2-bedroom suite for the price they paid for the BWI deluxe room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter