Room charges on check out day

longrf01

Mouseketeer
I ran into a glitch last week. DW was headed home on a morning flight and I was headed to work on an afternoon flight. Awhile after she left I realized I had packed my wallet in her suitcase. (I still had my passport or else getting on the plane would have been an issue.)

But that left the problem of how to pay for tips at lunch time. I called the front desk from my cell phone and got several answers:

1. You will automatically be checked out at 11AM and your room charge privileges will stop at that time.
2. #1 is true, but you can request a late check out.
3. Room charges, like the dining plan, work until midnight.

Finally, I decided to call the WDW switchboard and as for the manager. She said '#1 might be correct, but it's no problem to help you out and make #3 happen.'

So I was able to room charge until I left WDW and got on the plane.

I routinely charge to the room after leaving the room (auto checkout) on the last day. I just see two separate charges on the credit card.

This is good to know. We've always just assumed that it all stopped working after checkout. Thanks. :)

Room charges and dining credits last until midnight of your check-out day.

You can also use the resorts amenities as well.

Well, they were sort of right. Your actual room charging privileges do sort of stop at 11am. But, you can still charge to the room. The difference is that the charges go directly to the credit card that is left on file. So, you won't see the charges on your room bill but you will see them on your credit card statement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter