Room change due to dry dock

I know what you mean about getting attached to a room. I like to study the deck plans before a cruise, and get used to the ideas of where the elevators are, the best routes to get to dining areas and theaters, etc...

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise, no matter WHERE you lay your head at night. If you tell us where your new room is, maybe we can come up with 100 reasons why the new location is great! Would that help? pirate:

(Hmmm... it looks like 5622 is immediately above a kitchen area. Perhaps they've done some work there that won't be finished by trip time?)

Hello Rae! I am so glad that you are back - We are on the Halloween cruise together - You have been so helpful to me and all the information you provide - We booked Nicki's horseback riding because of you! Big Welcome back!

We haven't gotten a call about our stateroom - I think I would freak out at this point - We'll all be there to help you cope - I am sure Disney will make it worth your while - Maybe you'll be the "magical family" for this cruise - You know, where you get the extra surprises in your stateroom every day!

Very excited that you are back!

Karen:tongue:

Welcome back, Rae!

Ursula

Has anyone else been notified that they have a stateroom change due to their assigned rooms not being completed before dry dock is finished?

I believe this only happens to cruisers who break the hearts of other non-policy-making posters on unofficial DCL message boards...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((RAE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))...

I know what happened! DCL changed your room TO GET YOU BACK ON THESE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah-ha....OR.....maybe they are converting it to some sort of refridgerated shrimp storage locker!!

Originally posted by ohiominnie
Ah-ha....OR.....maybe they are converting it to some sort of refridgerated shrimp storage locker!!

I hope they have enough room for the Orange Mango Soup as well!!! Rae loves her soup and shrimp!!!

Hi Rae...Welcome back, hope my PM helped.

Did they assign you a new room yet?

When are you cruising?

Joanna

stickvac.gif
stickwin.gif

So then the ship is just being cleaned? Not changed as far as NEW applications (carpets, curtains, upholstery, etc.) - just curious... I mean, I'm not gonna throw a baby fit or anything...
bottle.gif

You guys and gals crack me up - tooooooo many comments to make on your cute little replies.......suffice it to say, I am laughing out loud and smiling so much it hurts!!!

Okay, 5622 is the first room on left when you get off the AFT elevators - there is NO ONE on the left side of your verandah - only the tops of the lifeboats.

According to DVC, she "had no idea, couldn't say, didn't know, hadn't heard, wasn't aware, was not in the loop" but only told me that for cosmetic repairs, 5622 was not available. Well, wasn't that a special message from her. She also told me to call Disney myself and find out why.......of course, DCL tells me that because it's a DVC reservation, DVC has to call them and find out.....okay, now I'm getting a little confused here.....

Maybe later I can call and find someone who isn't an original member of the Wizard of Oz and can give me some information......

Roy or Walt Suite? Thanks but no thanks - I really do like 5622 - it fits me.

PLUS for you multicruisers - I can not stand sleeping in a bed that is against the left side of the wall in the cabin.....

Yes, I am strange but for my money, I want what I want and I want what I paid for. Ohhh, my word.......I think Jynx's PMS/hormone fluctuation has started to rub off on me....
I'd better go warn Tom!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
You guys and gals crack me up - I am laughing out loud and smiling so much it hurts!!!

Rae

Good...now you know how you make us feel ::yes::. We missed you, welcome back !

You definitely give Nick a run for his money!! Between the two of you, there's no telling what we will see next!
I just LOVE those smilies!!

Rae,

I haven't been here much lately, but when I was here I missed seeing you. I am very glad you are back.

Sorry to hear that they switched your cabin, is the new one in a good location?

sue

Originally posted by trishy
Rae,
Did you enjoy
lurk.gif
for a while?

Never lurked here.
And posted when I came back.
It is nice to be back, by the way. I've missed so many of you.

Rae

Welcome back

let us know what happens with your cabin assignment.

Jan :earsgirl:

I've been on the phone for over an hour now trying to get this room situation straightened out.

Seems more folks will be moving to other cabins due to the refurbishing......my concern now is that the room they selected for me has the solid metal balcony so that puts us back to the problem we had with the Navigator's Verandah we had for our first cruise (Michael can't see over it and it's dangerous for him to stand on something to see the water).....

I am NOT asking or even wanting an upgrade from my Cat 6 - I just don't want the solid rail.....

Maybe after another hour of waiting and seeing, I'll at least get a plexiglass balcony just like I had.

Rae

we also went from a cat 7 to the cat 6 plexiglass because ds2 was standing on tables and chairs to look out!.

Keep us informed with what results. Also be curious to know what is causing the change?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter