• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room cards..anyone collect them?

DMRick

I prefer to be tagless!
I have some great room cards. Is there a rhyme or reason to them? Certain animals/people during certain times?
We got Tinkerbell the last time (my favorite!). Will they use Tinkerbell for a year, and then switch? I wish I had saved them all from the begining.
I wonder if these are collectable to some.

I have saved my room cards for the past ten years. I keep them in my jewelry box and now and then leaf through them and remember where we were (as a family) during certain dates. I don't know if they are considered collectibles right now but I sure wish I had held onto a ton of Disney stuff thirty years ago when I didn't think any of those items would have any value.

we have kept our room keys too....I must go and look them out as I thought ours had mickey on the corner and only the colour changed... 2001 it was lilac colour and 2002 it was grey/blue.

They make fab souveniers, but then we kept our seaworld and busch gardens tickets too..how anal is that??!! But then if I am curious how much park admission was it's there on the tickets...so it may come in handy!!

Val
xx
(Disney Daft Mum)

We have ours from all our trips. I save the tickets too. I still have my room key in my wallet from our last trip. I feel like I carry a little of the Disney magic with me everywhere.

I too have saved some room keys. The only one I don't have is from when we stayed at FW Cabins. I don't know why I don't have that one, but I know I don't. I too love the Tinkerbell theme room key. It is nice & bright. I also let the kids have one of the keys, they play with it like its a credit card. Unfortunately, our next trip we are staying at the Swan, so no Disney room key for me! Boo Hoo! :( But, really looking foward to staying at the Swan! :) Kathy ;)

I've kept all of mine, going back to 1985 (yes, I am a pack rat). I also keep tickets and other little pieces of Disney "junk" -- matchbooks, room stationary, postcards, etc. -- really anything that comes my way. Finally, last year I figured out what to do with it all. In a Martha Stewart moment, I bought a huge bulletin board and trimmed it nicely with ribbon. Then I mounted all of this "junk" on it and hung it in my office (I work from home). The room cards alone made a second "frame" around the board. Now when I need a disney fix, all I have to do is look up and I can remember all of the good times I've had there. It also makes a great conversation piece when people come over (and it always leads to the question "Why do you go so often?)

Not only do I collect the cards, but also other things that we got when we were there including those little welcome cards etc....I, too, am of the "pack rat" variety. Anything that has the mouse on it, has come home with me.

I'm so glad to see we're not the only ones. DH says he's saving them so he can wallpaper the bedroom :rolleyes: Not sure how many trips a year he thinks we're going to take, but I don't think we'll ever get enough keys to do that!:p

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
My wife thinks I'm a nut. I read this post & said ,
"Hey, I still have our cards."
"No way!" she said.
I pulled out my wallet & sure enough, there were our room keys for 1997 25 Magical Years Celebration and the 2000 Millennium Celebration keys.:bounce: :bounce:
"You're crazy. That's why I love you."
Now, that's a magical moment & makes the room key cards priceless. :Pinkbounc
Jim

Yes! We save our cards too. One is usually saved in our Disney Box of souveniers of tickets, brochures etc. I'm planning to scrapbook these SOME day!!!! :)

Wow..others just like me LOL.

Does anyone have any idea how often they change the design? I'm checking out mine, and there doesn't seem to be a set time. We went in January and April and got Tinkerbell..so would Tinkerbell be for one year?
However last year we went four times, and have 3 different cards...so maybe they just print up a batch, and start over when they are gone?

Disneefun - What a great idea! Believe it or not I have a WDW laundry room that has framed photos that were taken by the Disney photogs at the parks and lots of the ones taken on the rides. Every wall is just about covered but I think I will find a way to make a bulletin board fit in there thanks to your suggestion. Might have to get rid of the washer and dryer but where there is a will there's a way.

We're packrats too!!

We have just about all of our Disney room keys, and love rifling through them as a memory provoker.

It's nice to see that we're not alone.....

Not only do *I* save my room key cards, my friends save them for me too! I keep one of each kind and the rest go into my Kindergarten classroom in the dramatic play area. Kids love to pretend they are "credit cards" and swipe them in between the keys of an old computer keyboard.

If you have extra card keys, I suggest you dontate them to a pre school or Kindergaten classroom. We love stuff like that!!!

pin

Originally posted by franw
[BMight have to get rid of the washer and dryer but where there is a will there's a way. [/B]

LOL!!

We have some of ours as well but not all. Boo - hoo.
I also keep the parking permits as they let me see, at a quick glance, the dates we were there. For reference, y'know!

ooo ooo, I do! *raises hand*! I have them for years and years back...fun memories...I keep them with our ancient park hopper passes (remember when they were pinned on and date stamped manually? LOL) I cried when my grandma gave me one she'd found from years ago with my grandfather's name on it, it was his resort ID from a really great trip we took. I treasure it. He sure gave us lots of great memories there!

I have some old a and B tickets too! I love those souvineers that you can't buy...

I save them from most of my trips (not just to wdw) and use them in the photo albums I do when I get back.

I love to put the room keys, ticket stubs, and other 'memory' items in with my pictures and make little captions for the pictures.

I started doing this a few years ago with my first trip to Disneyland and have done several since. Its a fun way to keep memories alive well after the trip itself.

Doesn't everyone??? :p

Not only do I have old room keys, I have a pass from DisneyQuest Chicago (which doesn't exist anymore). Maybe it'll be worth something someday....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter