Room Blocks for Escape Weddings

Disney_Alli

DIS Veteran
I asked if this was still possible last year and was told it depended on who you asked so I wanted to post my experience.

I emailed my planner and asked her about it over a weekend. When I hadn't heard anything about it for a week I emailed her again. Immediately I got an email from her that was a cc of an email to my sales consulant and her assistant asking if there'd been any progress. That day I got the forms to set it up.

Since then communication with the sales consultant has been extremely slow but we have a block confirmed from August 8th through the 17th. I'm still a little fuzzy on whether they'd extend it for our full stay at CSR (through the 30th) but we'll fill it with our stay plus my sister and my in-laws DVC stay. I'm also unclear if my TA who booked my whole trip originally will be able to rebook us into the block to still get her commission but once it's actually set up I'll deal with that.

Hope that helps another girl out there wondering the same thing I was.

Thanks for sharing this! Your sales consultant should be able to get you the same room block rate for the length of your stay regardless of whether all the dates are among those you blocked.

For future Escape brides, this is something you'd ask your sales consultant (the one who draws up your contract) about.

This is so good to know! My sales consultant never even asked me about setting up a room block. We just confirmed our dates and sent her our reservation number, but we haven't received our contract yet. Do you think this is something she can add in? I'd love my guests to have access to a room discount and potentially get us a free night!

This is so good to know! My sales consultant never even asked me about setting up a room block. We just confirmed our dates and sent her our reservation number, but we haven't received our contract yet. Do you think this is something she can add in? I'd love my guests to have access to a room discount and potentially get us a free night!

I've been booked since January and just adding it now so I'm sure you'll have no problems adding it. Just ask you sales consultant.

You just pass your booking reference to the person handling the room block I believe. Last I heard a free night was for Wishes Brides only sorry.

We were given all the information about hitting 25 nights and getting a free room plus our block sheet had us pick our location for our free room... So hopefully we get it or I'll be a little annoyed.

Hi
I wondered if anyone had heard anymore about this? We are booking the Escape collection and will have over 25 nights on resort.
I would be interested if any Escape couples managed to get the free night stay.
Thanks!

If you fill more than 25 nights, you get a free night, no matter what kind of event you're having. In fact, I just interviewed a bride who got a free night even though she didn't actually set aside rooms in a room block. She just gave all the qualifying reservation numbers to her room block assistant and they booked her the free night.

Excellent news!

My family have already booked (through travel agents) a total of 56 nights stay as we are all coming for the UK for two weeks. This is the best news as now I can finally stay in a deluxe!! I'm so excited!!
Thank you!

That's a change they used to say it was for Wishes brides only but good news

Thanks for double confirming :)

Will I be given information about the 'room block dept' or shall I ask the planner about it?

Thanks again!

Ask your planner. The actual info came from my sales consultant but I reached out through my planner. They assign you a room block coordinator then free nights shall eventually appear, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter