Room Block Concerns

disneygirl1322

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about room blocks.

1) If you are having a Wishes wedding, do you HAVE TO do a room block?

2) In order to get the complimentary night, can you just compile all of the lodging information from each of your guests if it is definitely going to be at least 25 nights? The reason why I ask this is although the discounts for room blocks are good, I am concerned that the discounts offered to the general public may be better at that time.

3) If I do have a room block and my guests make reservations, can they change the cost of the room if a better discount comes along to the general public? How would this effect the room block agreement?

I appreciate all of your help so far! I want to help my guests out as much as possible!! :)

Hello
My wife and I got married at the World in 2010 so things may have changed. We were able to use rooms booked in other ways as part of our room block. In fact I'm not sure anyone really used the discount offered for that as the general public discount was better at the time. We just gave our wedding planner the reservation numbers and amount of nights. Hope this helps.

fill out the stuff and select the minimum. the discounts may or may not be better at other resorts or through other methods. HOWEVER, i think what DFTW is trying to do here is to get people to stay on property. you might be surprised how the nights of you and your party and guests add up. we didn’t even stay on property ourselves (and comprised the equivalent of 3 parties worth of people) and we eked out our nights. the main thing 9and i don’t know why they do the block the way they do) is that you communicate to the room block person, the wheres and whens of anyone in your “party” affiliated with your room (our group wasn’t huge so we actually got reservation numbers as well from our guests). this info will “credit” you if you will towards your block. we had friends staying on DVC points and at other resorts.

i *think* unless you have a humongous group and are staking out a huge room block (and hoping to realize a huge benefit for yourselves via the room block - we just did 25 nights or whatever and did receive one complimentary night), just doing the weird (and anxiety producing!) room block stuff is a good idea.

i’m not sure this helps you or is what you were asking!!:rotfl:

I'm not expert on room blocks, but I might be able to answer...

1) I think it is a requirement, except for certain situations (live close by), but you'd have to talk to your planner.

2) Any reservation at a Disney hotel counts towards your room night guarantee, no matter which discount they used. You just have to give your Room Block coordinator the confirmation #, resort, and I think the name on the reservation. However (at least as of last year), rooms NOT booked under the room block discount do not count towards the 25 nights towards the free room. Our wedding was last year, so I haven't kept track of whether this changed or not...someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I'm pretty sure your guests could cancel their reservation made through the room block and book a different discount. As for the room block, the above would apply.

Hope that helps! I know the room block was a bit confusing, and sometimes stressful, when planning our wedding. I wanted that free room! ;)

You do NOT have to have a room block. There is a rule that you can either be on the dining plan for your honeymoon or get a room block... We did the dining plan. But I'm almost 100% positive that not matter what you do not have to do a room block. You do still however have to stay on property yourselves for the 3 nights or whatever it is to have a Wishes wedding. Even though we did not do a room block our guests still booked on property and still got us a comp night which we are using at Grand Floridian. Hope tgat helps answer some of your questions.

I'm a Swan bride, but I'm interested in a possible room block with Disney if it will help my guests.
I've heard of some people getting good deals this way.

Does anyone know the process if you are not involved with DFTW?

Have any of you been to this website?
disneyvacationgroups.com
I keep getting weird messages from my browser like this one:
This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach www.disneyvacationgroups.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as forms.disneyave.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of www.disneyvacationgroups.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Is it a legitimate Disney website or a scam?

It's legit, they just have some setting wrong or something. This jhappened to me with another Disney-owned site a few days ago.

Anyone can set up a room block through Disney's group sales department, as long as they can guarantee 10 or more nights. The amount of the discount varies, though. I'd just give them a call: 407-828-3200

It's legit, they just have some setting wrong or something. This jhappened to me with another Disney-owned site a few days ago.

Anyone can set up a room block through Disney's group sales department, as long as they can guarantee 10 or more nights. The amount of the discount varies, though. I'd just give them a call: 407-828-3200

TO add to what Carrie just said, it has to be 10 different rooms not 10 nights. I just called all excited because we are taking a family trip and have a total of 23 nights but he said NO go because we need 10 separate rooms.

It's kinda messy. I know we are having trouble filling our accommodation requirement. A lot of people, despite being asked to use the Disney hotels and the great discount, booked at other hotels that they get their own discounts at. It's really hurt us and we are kinda stressed about it. Our wedding is in Dec and we still have about 20 rooms to fill.

In regards to the wedding room block for DFTW, you DON'T have to have a room block. We were out of town, did not do the room block, stayed on DVC points (our own) and did NOT do a meal plan. I just had to ask about it and tell my planner we weren't interested. It turns out we would have had 25 nights, but our family couldn't be bothered to commit to rooms until just weeks before so I know it would have driven me nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter