• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Room Assignment

princessgirls

Mouseketeer
Last October I remember seeing a thread regarding checking your reservation online and seeing where your room assignment was......i remember doing this and I think it was 10 days before trip, but not sure????? does anyone know.....thanks......leaving in 10 days and am getting anxious.....last time I checked I was upgraded:cool1: . (I know this is not common, but still curious to check where we will be at the Poly)

Thanks, Pamela

I don't think your room is assigned until 2 or 3 days before you get there. I am not aware of any site that shows your assignment, but that would be great info to have if such a site exists.

No sorry, you will not know your room number until check in - and then only if your room is ready at that time.:goodvibes If it's not ready, they still will not give you the room number but will give you a card with a phone number at the resort to call back periodically to see if it's ready yet so you can go ahead to a park and you can store your bags with bell services until it is ready.

Maybe you were thinking of DCL (cruise)? People do find out their cabin assignments ahead of time with them....

:dance3:

Last year my room at AS-Sp wasn't ready so I got upgraded to a preferred and allowed to check in. This was at 9 in the morning.

There is no way to know what room you have been assigned until check-in. Even if you are assigned a room - it STILL may change dramatically.

This may be different for concierge guests. But for the vast majority of guests, that's the way it is.

Knox

Sorry, I didn't mean actual room number, I meant building. sorry about tha one. Boy now if they did have the room numer, that would be something!!!

No, there's no website where you can see what building you've been assigned. Sorry. Even that may change, until you're actually standing at the front desk checking in.

You aren't assigned a room, technically, until they print up your room keys. Yes, they block out a particular room for you several days before you checkin. But, since you can change that upon checkin, you can't say you HAVE a particular room assigned.
I don't believe I have ever seen mention of being able to get your room assignment early....when I checkin, they don't even give me the room number if the room isn't ready yet!! They give me a phone number to call later to see if it's ready, then they give me the number.

Taking a look at the OP's vacations, I noticed that the last one would have been the Poly. Weren't they doing some trial program at that time, which did consist of a pre-checkin? I can't remember the specifics, but I do remember that they were able to get their room information early.

Or it could have had something to do with the complimentary upgrade to concierge that is in your signature. I don't know how that's coded, but maybe you looked up your reservation online and saw the upgrade listed as "Hawaii" ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter