Room # and view at CBR - if you don't mind sharing!

jasper

Mouseketeer
If you don't mind sharing your prized location - please post narrative description and/or photo of your CBR room view (and room # if you know it).

Also helpful would be the approx walk time to Old Port Royale.

Thanks!

We stayed in Jamaica 4508 which was the best location for us. To me it was acutally closer to stay over the bridge then near the food court as the walk was so quick over the bridge. We loved our location and our room. This is where I'm going to request to stay on our next trip down.

We just got back yesterday from a week at CBR and we stayed in Jamaica 4524. We were originally in Aruba 56.. (I cant remember the exact number) but we switched on the second day to Jamaica because we had numerous issues with the room in Aruba. But we loved our Jamaica room it was awesome. We were a few steps away from the bridge over to Old Port Royale, close to the beach and pool and facing the water. The room was also nice and bright.

Can anyone tell me about the rooms in Barbados? Our travel agent said that Barbados would be a good location because it's still kind of close to Old Port Royale while still being away from the construction.

I'll second the Jamaica recommendation. We have stayed there twice (4535 & 4533), which were both courtyard views which were fine with us (nicely landscaped, quiet). The walk to Old Port Royale was about 5 minutes, and a pleasant 5 minutes at that. Across the bridge to the small island, across the island and across the second bridge to OPR. Close enough for a nice walk without being too close to the noise and traffic.

We have also stayed at Aruba and that comes in a close second for us.

Since we prefer to be away from the bustle of the pool and food courts, these locations offer the best of both worlds for our needs.

We were at Trinidad North 3937 view of the parking lot (could see the rental car) but it was a corner room/king bed which was nice and roomy. a short walk to the bus stop and pool. This is the last stop on the bus route and the only one that circles into the "village" opposed to being ut on the street. Also nice was the ability to get on ANY bus (with room) at OPR and get off at Tr-No with out having to wait for the Inter-resort bus. The view of the fireworks at EPCOT is great from the hammock on the beach behind the building 39.........not for you if you want to walk to OPR........the flowers were so beatiful, and the plams had real banana's growing !!! hope this helped, WYO

Most of my visits to CBR I have stayed in Martinique - it is a great location and most views are of the gardens are of the lake....but they are also Preferred Room locations. I have also stayed in Aruba, Jamacia, and North Trinidad and not been disappointed with the room or the proximity to the food court area. I do not like South Trinidad at all----too far from the food court area. Never stayed in Barbados though.....

Thanks for all the great info! Seems like Jamaica is a favorite of many.

How comfortable, or uncomfortable, would you be allowing a DD12 to travel across Caribbean Cay from the Jamaica section to Old Port Royale.

Trinidad North room 3159. We were on the 2nd fl. and had a view of the lake. It was an approx. 5 mt. walk to OPR.

Martinique 2549:

Viewfromourdoor.jpg

and then Trinidad North 3128:

TrinidadNorth-ourcourtyard.jpg

North Trinidad Room 3356 second floor. This was our view looking towards the lake, which was to the left.

P1030036.jpg

This was the view straight out the door.

P1030035.jpg

We stayed there this past February 2nd - 8th. It took maybe five minutes tops to get to OPR. And that was with the detour because of the pool. Depending on when you go, the walk could be even shorter.

Thanks for all the great info! Seems like Jamaica is a favorite of many.

How comfortable, or uncomfortable, would you be allowing a DD12 to travel across Caribbean Cay from the Jamaica section to Old Port Royale.

We were there in June and stayed in the Martinique section of CBR. To be totally honest, I wouldn't let DD, who was also 12, walk to Old Port Royale by herself and it was only 2-3 minutes. Too many people and anything can happen, even in Disney. Now, I trust DD, but it's other people that you have to watch out for. I would rather err on the side of caution.

Here is another vote for Jamaica 45. We stayed there in November and the location was perfect! In fact, today I called and switched our reservations for this June from WL to CBR and requested the same building. We loved it that much! The CM tried to talk me into a preferred room because she said we could end up doing a lot of walking, and I told her I was requesting Jamaica 45.

Request a building number if you must, but for your own sake, please don't request a room number. Odds are that that exact room will be filled on your check-in day. The room assigner will have no way of knowing why you wanted that exact room number, and thus you'll just be given any old room at time of check-in.

Instead, request what you want in a room, such as "Barbados, close to bus stop" or "Jamaica, near the lake" or something like that. That way, there will be numerous rooms that can be assigned to you that you'd like, know what I mean???

Can anyone tell me about the rooms in Barbados? Our travel agent said that Barbados would be a good location because it's still kind of close to Old Port Royale while still being away from the construction.
Barbados is a mixed bag. The rooms in Barbados that are farthest from OPR (compared with the other Barbados rooms) are farther from OPR than the closest rooms of Trinidad South. But the rooms in Barbados that are closest to OPR are about the same as the same as Jamaica and Aruba.
wyorider said:
We were at Trinidad North 3937 view of the parking lot
Just for the sake of anyone trying to make room requests, Building 39 at CBR is in Trinidad South, not Trinidad North.

And just a few other things for general clarification:
  • There are 6 buildings that are preferred location, meaning the closest to OPR of all the buildings in the resort. The preferred location buildings are all three of the buildings in Trinidad North (31-32-33) and half of the buildings in Martinique (24-25-26).

Even the preferred location rooms are a decent distance from the main pool, so I can't imagine that ANY rooms have any substantial construction noise. And on that subject, this is just a guess, but I'll guess that the construction occurs during the daytime, when most of us are at parks, anyway.
  • The buses start at one of two places. Buses for Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique. Buses for everything else start at Jamaica.

lovinlorn and catbertdave, thanks for posting the pics! and thanks everyone else for the detailed room view/walking distance descriptions.

We stayed in Martinique #2632 over Christmas 2007, preferred location, maybe 2 minute walk to OPR.

We stayed last night in Barbados, on the backside of bldg 13, 1st floor.
It was a perfect location for us as we had our car, and we were by pure fluke parked very close to our room.
Old Port Royale was a little walk. But nothing time consuming or barely worth mentioning. Probably took just over 5 minutes with taking our time.
The room was clean, but in need of some refurb.
I chose a standard room since it was the one night and I knew we would not be in the room long anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter