Room 2632-Magic

LuvEeyore

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever stayed in room 2632 on board the Magic? How is it?
Any and all info and comments will be appreciated.

We were in 2573 on the Magic in February. I'd have to check where that is in relation to 2632, but we liked 2573 a lot. It was perfectly quiet and super easy to get to any of the activities on the main deck (deck 3). We never needed an elevator for dinner -- just down the hall and up a few stairs!

In fact, when our DD was sick one night, my DW and I traded off with one of us sitting in the room with her and then racing back upstairs for the lobster dinner in the Animator's Palette. It was really a short walk and was not at all unreasonable.

I did take a walk on Deck 2 once, and found the area around room 2050 (and toward that end of the ship) was really loud (from ship machinery). Also, the room directly across from the Deck 2 laundry was loud all day and all night.

-Jeff

We were just in 2638 and 2640 a couple of weeks ago. The rooms were very nice. You are only a very short distance down the hall and up the stairs to deck 3 that has a lot of activity - internet area, promenade lounge, animators etc. As a matter of fact, the wireless signal for my laptop died just as I got to my room - so others closer to the elevator from 2638/40 may actually get a wireless signal in their rooms.

As far as noise goes - when the ship is throttled up close to cruising speeds (20 kts and over), you will hear a very low frequency hum from the engines - this is not a big deal at all - you get used to it very fast, and it is not unlike other white noise that you might get from airconditioning in homes, offices and hotels. (as a matter of fact, white noise can be good as it masks other sources of noise)

You will also hear/feel side thrusters that may wake you up as the ship docks at some ports - but I think this is common with most cabins at least on that level. Also, on the final day, you will hear/feel those thrusters early and often as the ship needs to do a 180. Finally, right below our cabins is the freight doors, so you will hear some loading/unloading machinery early that last morning as well. Otherwise, the rooms are very quiet for other parts of the cruise.

With regards to cabin noise, we found out that lot of the rattle comes from things like the wooden closet hangers rattling up against each other -so if you address things like that, you can cut down on a lot of in-room rattling.

ps17 said:
We were just in 2638 and 2640 a couple of weeks ago. The rooms were very nice. You are only a very short distance down the hall and up the stairs to deck 3 that has a lot of activity - internet area, promenade lounge, animators etc. As a matter of fact, the wireless signal for my laptop died just as I got to my room - so others closer to the elevator from 2638/40 may actually get a wireless signal in their rooms.

As far as noise goes - when the ship is throttled up close to cruising speeds (20 kts and over), you will hear a very low frequency hum from the engines - this is not a big deal at all - you get used to it very fast, and it is not unlike other white noise that you might get from airconditioning in homes, offices and hotels. (as a matter of fact, white noise can be good as it masks other sources of noise)

You will also hear/feel side thrusters that may wake you up as the ship docks at some ports - but I think this is common with most cabins at least on that level. Also, on the final day, you will hear/feel those thrusters early and often as the ship needs to do a 180. Finally, right below our cabins is the freight doors, so you will hear some loading/unloading machinery early that last morning as well. Otherwise, the rooms are very quiet for other parts of the cruise.

With regards to cabin noise, we found out that lot of the rattle comes from things like the wooden closet hangers rattling up against each other -so if you address things like that, you can cut down on a lot of in-room rattling.

Hi

That is right! same exactly with us!!

We were in room 2646 connecting room 2648, phew it was very nosie just like you mention it.

We don't believe that we were unable to sleep on first night as we both are deaf!!! We thought it was not affect us but it was. My boy was sleeping well on bunk bed!! My mother in law and my daughter couldn't sleep on first night.lol

Scottishwee35

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter