Rookie question regarding booking room and tix separate

DoodlesMom

Mouseketeer
Is there any issue if I reserve my room now and buy tickets (possibly dining) later? Should I definitely do it before we arrive or is just adding on once we check-in just as good? I've only purchased the entire package together.

No that should not be an issue at all. You can purchase tickets at any time, however, you will not be able to book your fast passes without them. You can book dining anytime, you do not have to have tickets nor room reservations to do that.

Waiting until you arrive will work. But if you buy earlier you can take advantage of ticket resellers like UTC that can save you a few bucks. And as was pointed out, you can reserve FP+ up to 60 days in advance if you buy tickets beforehand.

As the PPs noted, if you want to make your FP reservations at 60 days buy your tickets early enough to allow for this.

And be sure that you don't want a dining plan. You need to book a vacation package to have that.

And be sure that you don't want a dining plan. You need to book a vacation package to have that.

This is correct, but I wanted to add that the DDP cannot be added at check in, but must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival. Also, it's not as simple as just modifying a RO reservation. If you book RO and decide to change to a package, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new deposit of $200 (or payment in full if this is done 44 days or less from arrival). Since RO and packages are separate reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

So ours is about 32 days out. We'd be paying in full. If we decide to buy tix as a package, they'd have to cancel and all that? But we could just buy tix separate as long as we aren't doing dining (which must be at least 3 days prior). I got all that right? Thanks all

We chose to book room only and get the tickets later on our last trip. We were driving down (23+ hours) and wanted to have a flexible cancellation policy. If the weather was bad, we wanted to be able to cancel last minute without losing out on too much. For this reason we also chose to get a room-only discount and no dining plan. Here is the policy as I understand it:

- Room only : 5 days ahead to cancel with full refund (pay for one night to reserve, the rest is due at check-in)
- Package (tickets and room): 45 days ahead to cancel with full refund, 44-2 days ahead with a 200$ penalty (full payment 45 days ahead)

So ours is about 32 days out. We'd be paying in full. If we decide to buy tix as a package, they'd have to cancel and all that? But we could just buy tix separate as long as we aren't doing dining (which must be at least 3 days prior). I got all that right? Thanks all

You can buy tickets separately at any time. If you buy tickets with your room, yes, you would have to cancel and re-book as a package. If you want to add a dining plan, you can actually add that without adding tickets as well, but, again, you would have to cancel the room-only and book a package and pay in full. So you have a lot of options:

1) Stick with room-only and buy tickets separately at any time. Your balance for the room will be due at check-in
2) Convert to a package by adding tickets and/or dining (dining needs to be added at least 3 days prior). At that point, the room-only would need to be canceled and you would need to re-book as a package. Since you are within 45 days, package would need to be paid in full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter