• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rookie DVC Banking Question

musicmantrs

Mouseketeer
In 2022, I convinced my wife to buy DVC with the promise that we would take her extended family in 2024 (with a March use year)... time has come to pay off that promise. We have a 250 point contract with 115 points from this year that I need to bank. The question is: can I bank the 115 now and if I have more come available this use year (wait list pending) - can I bank the points I would get back from that (the wait list is about 10 points less than what I currently have booked)?

Full mechanics:

Poly Studio booked for November 4
Animal Kingdom 1BR booked for November 5-7

Poly Studio Waitlisted November 5-7

Yes. You can bank as many times as you want during your banking window, in whatever increments you need! Just be sure that waitlist is set to drop off at 31 days and not 7 days.

If it filled inside of the 31 day mark, the returned points would go into holding status and no longer be bankable into your 2024 UY.

Appreciate the quick response - for some reason from the sales process or something I thought we had to bank all at once in a given year.

I think when they discuss it they talk about needing to "bank" within the first 8 months of the UY and it does make it sound like it has to be in one transaction! But, the best thing is it does not.

The system will even let you bank some when making a reservation without doing it all which is really nice for times when you are not 100% sure you won't be going before the end of that UY!

As others said, you can bank some at one time, and more later. Just have to remember all banking has to be done before the 8th month mark of your use year.

So since you mentioned a March use year you need to bank your March 2023 Use Year points by November 30, 2023. On December 1st you can no longer bank. Since it sounds like you will know about your waitlist before that, you can bank the 115 points now, and then if your waitlist comes through before October 4th you can bank the other 10 points then. (As others said, if your waitlist comes through less than 30 days out, those extra points would go into holding.)

Good luck - we will be there Nov 4-13 at Boardwalk/Riviera so see you around! Feel free to reach out for tips.

Edit: @CarolMN corrected me that should be October 31st as the banking deadline, not November 30th. But rest of post still makes sense.

Last edited:
As others said, you can bank some at one time, and more later. Just have to remember all banking has to be done before the 8th month mark of your use year.

So since you mentioned a March use year you need to bank your March 2023 Use Year points by November 30, 2023. On December 1st you can no longer bank. Since it sounds like you will know about your waitlist before that, you can bank the 115 points now, and then if your waitlist comes through before October 4th you can bank the other 10 points then. (As others said, if your waitlist comes through less than 30 days out, those extra points would go into holding.)

Good luck - we will be there Nov 4-13 at Boardwalk/Riviera so see you around! Feel free to reach out for tips.
Banking deadline for a March use year is the end of the following October (not the end of the following November).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter