• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ron jons just called, has this happened to anyone else

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
i just got a call from someone who identified herself as katherine from ron jons stating that they had a promo going on for the 69 dollars a nite for there studio room providing we take the 90 minute tour, also for taking the 90 minute tour she states i will receive a complimentary 3 nite stay good for 1 year , has this happened to anyone else is it legit? i took her toll free number which was not the same one my caller id said, and told her i would call her back tonite, any opions? thanks in advance

It's probably "legit" but may or may not actually be "Ron Jon" but something loosely affiliated...I'm just not aware of Ron Jon being in the time share business but I might be wrong on that. It's most likely, almost definitely a timeshare sales pitch - that 90 minute tour might be a several hour, very high-pressure ordeal! My cousin fell for this trap once (I wish she'd asked me about it since I'm from Florida)...the guy was nasty and horrible when they declined at the end of his three hour pressure sales presentation. She said it was miserable!

A few weeks ago someone posted about taking the tour for the reduced rate & 3 day stay. Do a search, you will probably find the thread

A few weeks ago someone posted about taking the tour for the reduced rate & 3 day stay. Do a search, you will probably find the thread.

Opps server busy message & ended up posting multiple times :badpc:

I read somewhere last week on this board about timeshares at Ron Jon. It's probably legit but call Ron Jon and confirm to make sure!

Ron Jon is definately a timeshare! We were just at the Ron Jon Surf Shop in July and they have a booth outside the shop that they try to get you to book tours.

I also remember recently reading the thread about someone getting a reduced rate at the Ron Jon for taking the time to do the Timeshare talk.

That stinks. I grew up in Kissimmee and, in high school, the beach we went to was right behind Ron Jon...back then it was just a shack! I've been back once since and saw the big two story crazy store they built there. It just wasn't the same. Now they're doing timeshares? Good grief!

I got this call back in late Dec. We were able to get a 2 night Ron Jon stay in Feb before our cruise for a total of $99 + Tax. I am to receive a confirmation package in mail soon. After confirming with Katherine that we were going to take the deal, I was passed onto someone else to confirm my info and answer any more questions I had. I'm looking forward to this and thought it was a great deal even tho we have to endure the time share talk.

Jo-Anne said:
I'm looking forward to this and thought it was a great deal even tho we have to endure the time share talk.

Endure. Yup, that's the operative word.

I thought that torture was outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

My DH and I stayed at Ron Jon's last year (how weird is that to say!) and we didn't get asked to do the tour at all. It was nice to be left alone!

I didn't get a phone call about the promo, but I did get an e-mail.

Ron Jon's is a timeshare. It's a really nice place and very close to the beach. We're staying there again for an overnight before the cruise!

From past experience, not at RonJons but at other timeshares, if they say 90 minutes then you need to plan for 3 hours. We have never made it out of a timeshare presentation in less. We go in telling them that we are not interested but they drag on for hours. Consider your time and then make a decision about going.

My plan is to have another activity planned to co-incide with the end of the 90 minute tour....something like taking kids to Kennedy Space Center. I'll have no problems letting them know my time constraint up front and at about the 75 minute mark, I'll give a "time warning" and then stick to it. I'll be polite but firm :) I'll let you know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter