• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic night out

ynwa19

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I might just be being blind, but I couldn't see another thread related to this so here goes!

I am going to DLP on Oct 7th and I would really like to take my wife out for a really romantic evening one night. Does anyone know of any restaurants that are intimate and romantic at all? I've heard that the Blue Lagoon is very good for that, but as we dont eat sea food, Im struggling to find anywhere else!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi ynwa19 and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Calafornia Grill is considered one of the best Disney restaurant experiences so would have suggested that this was a lovely thing for a romantic night :)

I'd suggest California Grill too. I've not eaten there myself but another DISer (davewasbaloo) has recommended it as excellent. :thumbsup2

judging by what you seen when on POTC, it looks a very nice place to have a romantic evening.......i think there are a couple of non-sea food things on the menu....altough nothing seemed to interest me.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Ill give the calafornia grill a go.

2 weeks and 6 days to go!!! :yay:

Yes it is. Its in the Disneyland Hotel. Can I eat there even though im staying at the Sequioa Lodge?

Yes - no problem :) If you have a particular evening and time you would like to make the reservation for, then it might be worth ringing the restaurant reservation line on 0033 160 30 40 50.

Thanks for that Bexx. I really want to treat my wife to something special due to the fact that we still haven't had our honeymoon yet and we've been married for 2 years! Im in the Army and had to head back to barracks the day after we got married and I have promised to take her to Florida when we can, but for now, Paris will be as awesome as ever!

2 weeks, 5 days, 10 hours and 15minutes until we go!!! Not that Im counting :yay:

Sounds like you are going the same time my Fiance and I are going :)
We will be there from the Oct 8-12...we usually go to Disneyland CA, so DLP will be fun!!!
Hope you and your wife have a great trip!

If you're still a little unsure, I took my girlfriend for our anniversery to The Blue Lagoon. We got seated originally in the middle of nowhere (it seemed), and I then asked politely if it would be possible for us to have a seat by the water, and they obliged. It was brilliant, had a really nice bottle of wine also (which was actually cheaper than in another bar by our hotel), and was a generally really good meal. Atmosphere is top notch also. I had a grilled fillet (steak sort of thing) which was really nice, and my girlfriend had the swordfish, which she loves. The portions aren't huge, but they're delicious.

Sounds like you are going the same time my Fiance and I are going :)
We will be there from the Oct 8-12...we usually go to Disneyland CA, so DLP will be fun!!!
Hope you and your wife have a great trip!

Yeah, Im going on the 7th - 12th October. I am well excited. Hope you guys have a really good time out there as well! If I see you, ill say hi ;)

Thanks for that Bozzboy. I wasn't sure if the blue lagoon only did seafood as I couldn't see anything else on the menu, so thats very helpful.

I absolutely adore Blue Lagoon- and I hardly ever have fish there either! The vhicken curry is to die for... though may have to avoid that this time cos of fat content (cries quietly). If you get seated at the sides the Silver Spur in the park is another nice one (in the middle not so much so!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter