Romantic Ideas Needed

btcrane

Today is the best day of my life!
Our planned spring break trip in March will be our fifth trip to the World. Kids are teenagers (youngest is 10). All of our trips have been kid-oriented (family-oriented) the entire time but now that the kids are a little older, I would love to surprise DH with one romantic evening. I would love some suggestions...

TIA!

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Aww, thats sweet. What about dinner at one of the resorts on the seven seas lagoon like the Grand Floridian or Polynesian? You can take an evening carriage ride along the lagoon too and watch the wishes fireworks on the beach. The music is piped into Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian but you don't have to eat there to be able to hear it.

Have a lovely vacation!

Horse drawn carriage ride.......i believe it is at Port Orleans...
We did this several years ago..........Very romantif and if it happens to be cold the y will get you hot chocolate and a blanket.

has private dining which can be set up on the beach. Sometimes my wife and I just enjoy a slow paced quiet meal where we can talk. V&A obviously fits the bill. Artisit Point is a quiet venue.

I don’t know about the horse drawn carriage (for me personally) but my advice would do something for him to make it special, try to do something there together that you cant do anywhere else; like a carriage ride. Also, look at the budget. You can rent the Grand one for $400 and hour and watch the fireworks at MK but that is pricy.

What I might suggest is call guest services at the Wilderness Lodge talk to them about a private dinner in the little sitting area above the entrance, or maybe their artisan cheese tray with a nice bottle of wine from Artist Point. Very cozy and quiet with a fireplace. I did something like that without the help of guest services and it was nice. There are a few sitting areas around WL and would make for a "romantic" evening and most of the time they are unoccupied. Only one time was there someone there so we just went to the next floor to the sitting area above it. I can’t say that they will do it or do it without having to pay for it but it is worth a try.

I still believe making an event romantic has a lot more to do with the person then the rose pedals, champagne and chocolate covered strawberry bit. Romantic is how you do it not with what.:scratchin

An idea that is free:

We went to the Poly beach, sat on a chaise lounge wrapped in towels and watched the electrical water pageant, and then wishes over the seven seas lagoon. It was the most romantic part of our honeymoon.

I still believe making an event romantic has a lot more to do with the person then the rose pedals, champagne and chocolate covered strawberry bit. Romantic is how you do it not with what.:scratchin

I wholeheartedly agree, and so does my wonderful DH!!! I don't plan on spending a lot of money, but a little bit of planning goes a long way--after 20 years together, we both appreciate when the other goes out of their way to show how much we matter to each other.

I've saved all of these wonderful ideas in a Word doc-THANK YOU everyone!!! DH isn't so crazy about fireworks since his return from Iraq, but a horse-drawn carriage ride, intimate dinner, cheese and wine...all are GREAT ideas. Thanks again!!

I'm for takin a bottle of wine from home a couple glasses (plastic) an goin to Poly an sittin on beach watchin fireworks an electrical light parade.

For me, a romantic dinner would be great. But it's not the preparation counts but the moment with each other is the most romantic moment happens.

Have a safe and romantic trip to come. :)

We did a "wishes cruise" for our honeymoon and ordered a small cake. It was really great and it is something we will never forget. Now we do it everytime we go, but that time was extra special. The Captain even gave us a certificate to mark the occasion. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will have a great time.

we rented a boat and a cast member drove us into Epcot and docked us to watch the fireworks....they have a little cooler on deck with snacks too!!! To tell you the truth it was a "wishes" year of a million dreams so we didn't pay..they picked us out of a crowd to do this with them!!!!

You can eat at the Yachtman (yummy steak) make a ressie for around 7:00 and then rent a boat right outside the restaurant and drive to watch the fireworks....truly magical!!!! Figure you will be done with dinner around 8:00ish and then get a boat!

Our planned spring break trip in March will be our fifth trip to the World. Kids are teenagers (youngest is 10). All of our trips have been kid-oriented (family-oriented) the entire time but now that the kids are a little older, I would love to surprise DH with one romantic evening. I would love some suggestions...

TIA!
We just got back from our second trip to Disney, our kids are younger, but it was very close to our wedding anniversary, and my husband did a great job being romantic! He did two things- one night he planned a wishes cruise (this one the kids came with us)- decked out with balloons and a happy anniversary banner. The second night (now we were in a villa- I'm not sure how your room set up will be), we came home, and our bedroom bathroom area the door was closed. When we put the kids to bed and I went to our room, there were rose petals everywhere, roses in a vase, bubble bath stuff and embroidered towels with our names (this was at SSR 2 bed villa, so we had a jacuzzi bathtub). It was so personal- I know he spent a lot of time setting it up talking to disney people, I suggest you call them, or disney florist, and see what options they have. It also included photos signed by mickey/minnie, and it was just so sweet- and nice to have something as a keepsake. And I think even more, it was just so clear he put so much thought into it, it was such a surprise,a nd he knows I love roses and baths!

Goodluck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter