• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic ideas for surprise trip?

dpdis

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are planning a 3 week vacation to WDW in January (with kids), during which we will be renewing our vows - we are planning a few other fun things like photo shoots and a dinner party too. But, I decided to surprise her and the kids and book a last minute trip for next week so that we could hit MNSSHP and relax for a few days, and I am looking for some romantic ideas that I might be able to incorporate into our trip as a prelude to our longer vow renewal trip. What are some things that you guys have done (simple or elaborate, cheap or expensive), and what have you ladies been surprised with that you will never forget??? thanks!

Wow... I guess not too many romantics on the board these days?? I'm still looking for any last minute ideas or suggestions here. thanks!

Not really romantic, but these "surprises" mean a lot to DFi and I:
DFi bought me some mugs (I'm a collector) and had them sent to the room so when I pick up the packages I find them. He also once got me popcorn and a beverage when we were waiting for a parade. When he was going to get himself ice cream. He even sprung for the bucket (I collect those too)

I normally buy him something he sees and puts back, and then give it to him that night or when we get home so he has a chance to relieve the magic (normally a "toothpick holder" or a cd)

Oh my gosh, there are so many things to do, I don't even know where to start.

You can get a cake or other sweet treat delivered to your room by calling Private Dining at your resort. To have a cake at a meal, call the Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253.

You could get flowers or a gift basket delivered by the WDW Florist: http://www.disneyflorist.com/ They also do room decoration.

You could arrange a special treasure hunt or room decoration through Gifts of a Lifetime: http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/

You could go on a carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness or Port Olreans, or a wagon ride at Ft. Wilderness. I think they have a haunted Hayride right now too.

You could rent Sea Raycers or go parasailing or just ride around on the boats that transport you to MK and the MK-area hotels.

Call 407-WDW-PLAY for either of those activities

You could watch fireworks from the Polynesian beach or re-propose at one of the wedding locations, like Sunset Pointe or the Yacht Club Gazebo.

You could go on a backstage tour (OK, I know that doesn't sound very romantic, but for nerds like us it was!). 407-WDW-TOUR

You could have Private Dining at your resort set up your meal on your balcony, or you could buy a picnic lunch from a food court and eat it on the grounds of one of the more picturesque resorts.

You could go horseback riding or fishing or just take a walk at Ft. Wilderness.

... how's that for a start? :goodvibes

Lurkyloo really nailed it!! I recently proposed to my DP on the beach at the poly, while watching WISHES, it was amazing. The next night, I had the Disney Florist deliver a lovely basket, wine, etched glasses, chocolates and crackers. They also had rose petals all over the room. She was floored. Give them a call, they are SO professional and their prices are good! Good luck!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter